Reading Room Assistant (Part-Time) at Nemours
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.Nemours is seeking a Reading Room Assistant (Part-Time) to join our Nemours Children's Specialty Care team in Jacksonville, Florida.
At our three clinic locations in the Jacksonville area, Nemours is a leading provider of pediatric specialty care in north Florida with many of our pediatric specialists regularly recognized as the “Best Doctors in America®.” We offer comprehensive, family-centered care in more than 30 pediatric specialties. Several of those specialties, offered in collaboration with Wolfson Children’s Hospital, have been named among the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
This position is responsible for: Facilitate and enhance the working environment for the Radiologists by improving workflow to increase efficiency and productivity. Effectively communicate critical test results to referring physicians and healthcare providers in an accurate and timely manner. Enhance patient safety and flow by assisting the Radiologist
in managing patient information and priority. Follow HIPAA organizational policies and guidelines. Facilitate patient flow and decrease cycle time by greeting, registering, entering orders and assisting, as needed, to get patient to the technologist to perform the study. Provide primary phone support and take appropriate action to facilitate the request. Provide support for all aspects of customer service for the Radiology Department. Facilitate outside study reads by
appropriately uploading studies to PACS and completing the order process. Provide film digitization, CD creation to fulfill patient and healthcare provider requests.
- READING ROOM: Provide assistance and services to Radiologists and Radiology customers, both internal and external, to enhance production workflow. Accurately relays complex imaging report information to appropriate customers. Reports critical results in an efficient and effective manner to expedite safe patient care. Provide customer with images, in film or CD format, as requested, ensuring all appropriate consents and form completion. Fulfill requests from healthcare providers for patient reports.
- SYSTEM SUPPORT AND DATA ENTRY: Proficiently utilize multiple, complex, IT and Radiology computer systems. Perform order entry, maintaining accurate demographic and clinical information. Manage historical images by requesting from offsite storage. Monitor system dashboard for critical result reports and facilitate doctor to doctor communication. Must be able to accurately convey report information to healthcare providers. Accurate documentation of interactions must be kept. Accurately upload outside facility images and reports into Radiology PACS system with appropriate and accurate order information for interpretation by Radiologist.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Investigates and resolves customer requests, questions or problems. Contacts outside representatives to request information or assistance in resolving problem.
- LEADERSHIP I: Build positive relationships with colleagues. Coach and/or mentor peers, formally or informally. Provide constructive feedback to staff. Assist others in acquiring department specific knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- SAFETY: Maintain safety programs within the department/division. Help develop, implement, monitor, and manage safety programs, policies, and procedures; including, but not limited to, those related to safety regulations and organizational policies. Evaluate procedures, facilities and equipment to identify unsafe conditions that need improvement. Ensure safety concerns are reported appropriately. Monitor emergency monitoring system, announcing and directing emergency personal to facilitate fast response.
- RESEARCH AND EDUCATION ASSISTANCE: De-identify images for research projects. Prepare conference room for scheduled conferences to include retrieving all requested images, preparing web conferences.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Maintain/manage strong working relationships with clients, colleagues, and other key stakeholders. Respond to requests quickly and effectively. Identify and understand customer needs and expectations and meets them. Communicate any relevant information to clients, colleagues, and other key stakeholders.
- Inbound calls from providers and their supporting team.
- Knowledge of the Digitizing room procedures and the ability to burn CDs.
- Ability to place orders and download CDs efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effective with physicians and supporting team.
- Utilize resources appropriately such as: Internet and Intranet.
- Responsible for participating in the departmental and hospital programs for Quality Improvement, identifying opportunities to improve services, making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of Nemours.
- Ensure Nemours Customer Service Standards are being practiced consistently.
- Adhere to all of Nemours Policy and Procedures and workflows including HIPAA guidelines.
- Regular attendance is required. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, must have reliable transportation and must be able to work.
- Must have the ability to work well with others, acts as a team member. Ability to work independently and engage in critical thinking.
- Good Communication skills are required. In addition to accepting feedback, asking questions and active communication with counterparts and all departments.
- High School Diploma required. Associate's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) to six (6) months experience preferred.
- One (1) year hospital experience preferred.
- Medical Terminology experience preferred.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.