Security Officer at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Job Description SummaryJOB OVERVIEW:
Perform hotel security duties and procedures to ensure the safety and security of guests, employees and the property as well as the property’s assets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform daily inspection and ensure compliance of hotel security and safety requirements and procedures in order to protect hotel property, employees and guests against theft, crime, threats and safety hazards. This may include and is not limited to:
o patrolling and inspecting with specified equipment the assigned areas to include all public areas of the property including meeting rooms, entrances and outside building and grounds; monitoring surveillance cameras and checking areas for unauthorized persons or vehicles and coordinating towing of vehicles, unlocked doors and fire and safety hazards and document all actions
o maintaining the Security procedures and audit/department logs that may include lost and found, storing guests’ valuables, key control, emergency procedures, health and safety hazard procedures for all employees and guests
o ensuring all guest room doors are secured and assist guest with room access and moving/removing guest possessions or inventory if required
o escorting staff and guest to car if requested
o inspecting purses, packages or bags of employees if designated by management and employees work identification and accuracy of employee time cards as they arrive/leave the property
• Investigate loss and safety incidents involving guests, employees and/or hotel loss and safety exposure and comply with state and government regulations and hotel procedures to prevent/minimize the loss from theft and other safety risk or litigation against the hotel. Such investigations may include theft or lost items, noise complaints, assault complaints, food poisoning complaints, intoxication incidents, other guest complaints and safety hazard accidents and incidents. May have to administer CPR on guest or staff member in accordance to guidelines and communicate specified information to EMS/medical personnel as required. Complete documented reports in accordance to Company and hotel polices and procedures.
• Assist in training/educating employees on current safety and security issues to ensure compliance with all Company loss control policies and current security, and safety regulations. Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets. Schedule preventative maintenance and repairs to security equipment or hotel property as needed and ensure that equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
• Record necessary and pertinent incident reports or information to police and fire agencies involving investigations and to Corporate Legal department, Corporate Claims Management department, insurance agencies and outside attorneys to assist in case evaluation, settlement or defense involving lawsuits against the Company.
• Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest related incidents, questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel staff, Corporate Hotel Management Group and Corporate Risk Management and Legal department.
• Perform other duties as assigned; such as may handle deliveries received during non-business hours.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent, plus one year of security and safety experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying, lifting, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 50-100 pounds
• Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
• Frequently handling objects and equipment to secure the facility
• Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the guests and employees.
• Certification in safety and training and/or licensed as a Security Officer or Law Enforcement Officer may be required. Certified CPR, First Aid instructor and training in law enforcement techniques may be required or highly desired.
• Working knowledge of local laws, investigation methods, OSHA requirements and fire codes and life safety codes.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used when an emergency situation occurs.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive their instructions for the day and/or to read safety and security procedures.
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, are used occasionally.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.