Senior Actuarial Associate, Pricing & Product Development at Prudential
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Iselin, New Jersey
Prudential Financial, Inc. is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. For more information, please visit www.prudential.com.
Prudential Retirement delivers retirement plan solutions for public, private, and non-profit organizations. Services include state-of-the-art record keeping, administrative services, investment management, comprehensive employee investment education and communications, and trustee services. For more information, please visit http://www.prudential.com/retire/.
The Senior Actuarial Associate, Pricing & Product Development, is a position on the pricing team within our Structured Settlement Annuities area that plays a key role in the overall pricing execution and infrastructure development of Prudential’s Structured Settlement Annuity Business.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Update daily and monthly pricing of structured settlement annuity quotes.
- Create customized pricing for large and/or unique quotes.
- Report sales and profitability metrics of new business.
- Support ad-hoc requests from business partners related to the pricing and profitability of this business.
- Price complex structured settlement annuities involving the creation of cashflows and the interaction of reserves, liabilities and assets.
- Possibility to assist with the medical underwriting of quotes if the candidate has prior medical underwriting experience.
- Assist actuarial pricing team members in generating assumptions and financial projections.
- Work with a broad group of actuarial and business partners in a fast-paced, customer and deal-focused environment.
- 1+ years of business / actuarial experience.
- Completion of some actuary exams desired; ASA a plus
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of, or exposure to, VBA macros
- Familiarity with Life/Annuity pricing for an insurance company a plus
- Medical underwriting experience a plus
- Highly motivated, innovative, and creative problem solver and conceptual thinker
- Proven collaboration skills required
- Superior technical skills and ability to understand complex quantitative concepts and models.