Test Technician Sr at Arthrex California Inc.
Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Barbara, California
|Title:||Test Technician Sr|
|Division:||Arthrex California Inc (US03)|
|Location:||ACT Santa Barbara, CA (US02)|
As a highly skilled test specialist you will have a substantial understanding of medical device manufacturing and test. Primary role is to support operations in the testing of complex video systems, sub-assemblies and components to produce cost effective, high quality medical products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines how to best use resources to meet schedules and goals, using independent judgment, actions and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Capable of testing electronic components, sub assemblies, and video systems using computer programs, Digital Multi Meters, Oscilloscopes, light measurement equipment, waveform monitoring equipment, digital and analog electrical test equipment.
- Directly responsible for supporting manufacturing in the daily production testing of camera video systems by performing FCO (Final Checkout), Automated or Manual electrical tests.
- Record test results into database applications. Review numerical and graphical data and make recommendations to improve process yields.
- Perform detailed electrical test procedures and document device history records per Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines.
- Performs inspection of work completed and documentation to assure correct specifications and functional criteria have been met.
- Record test failures and document for MRB, repair or component replacement.
- Manage tasks related to multiple production duties; prioritize and respond to special assigned duties.
- Completes complex tasks and assignments in creative and effective ways.
- Determines root cause analysis using a variety of factors including data analysis.
- Makes recommendations for new procedures and implements approved recommendations.
- Participates in product, process and company training activities in support of medical device manufacturing.
- Sets-up and operates a variety of hand-operated tools and electronic equipment to manufacture product specified on work orders using standard work instructions and inspection procedures.
- Performs or initiates any cleaning in work area or maintenance required by the Preventive Maintenance schedule on the machines within the department.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
2 year AS degree electronics design, repair and troubleshooting plus a minimum of 8 years of related test experience or BS degree in technical / engineering field + 3 years test experience
Proficient in system analysis, testing, troubleshooting to board / component level
Experience in a manufacturing environment, including electrical test processes and procedures
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Knowledgeable in electronics troubleshooting to component level.
- Able to operate and maintain production and lab test equipment.
- Capable of testing electronic components, sub assemblies, and video systems.
- Knowledge of endoscopic visualization systems including optics, mechanical systems, electronic design, analog circuit design, electro-mechanical design, high speed digital circuits.
- Understanding of applicable medical device regulations for electrical safety testing.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and mechanical engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of FDA and ISO guidelines for the manufacture of medical devices.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Knowledge of surgical equipment and instrumentation, electronic test equipment, oscilloscopes, Video waveform monitor, digital multimeter, various video charts, etc.
Skilled in bench top testing and troubleshooting with standard test equipment.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, PCs, schematic capture, PCB layout, and office equipment.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Person must have the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Have the ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.