Technical Writer at Ascend Learning, Inc.
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dexter, Michigan
Ascend Learning; LLC (www.ascendlearning.com) is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers in a range of industries, including healthcare, fitness and wellness, and insurance and financial services. We provide outcomes-based solutions aimed at helping people enter, sustain and succeed in their chosen fields. Ascend employs more than 1,000 employees, with headquarters in Burlington, Mass., and offices in Kansas City metro, Phoenix metro, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Walnut Creek, California, Ann Arbor, Michigan, New York, and the U.K.
A division of Ascend Learning; MedHub is a best-in-class; enterprise-only, medical education management solutions developed to enhance institutional oversight, improve outcomes, reduce redundant administrative effort and mitigate institutional risk and liability. MedHub uses a logical, novel and intuitive workflow process to manage many critical functions that drive program and institutional accreditation, physician training, Medicare reimbursement, affiliated institutional billing and many other tasks. MedHub was specifically designed for the extremely demanding requirements of large complex teaching hospitals with many training programs, hundreds of trainees, multiple affiliates and multiple Medicare cost reports. The MedHub system is responsible for managing over $2.5 billion in at-risk Medicare/CMS reimbursement dollars for its client institutions. In the past five years, over 75% of current MedHub clients have switched from another RMS to MedHub. MedHub has rapidly established itself as the leading medical education management system for large complex academic teaching hospitals.
The technical writer provides internal and external documentation regarding the MedHub platform for employees and clients. The role consults with subject matter experts for information about software components, assists with intercompany communication regarding new products, works within content management systems and generates written help documentation and announcements for MedHub clients.
- Edit, maintain and create content for an online help manual
- Research and write client-oriented documentation for new and updated software components
- Create and post software enhancement and general communication announcements
- Organize internal reference material within the company Wiki
- Revise and contribute to stand-alone help documentation for individual tools
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least one year of technical writing experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to multitask and work on several projects simultaneously
- Basic HTML and Wiki knowledge
- Ability to work in a highly matrix environment collaboratively using various team members to accomplish tasks
- Project management skills
- Proactively seeks new tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent inbound and outbound phone communication ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office applications suite
- Strong technical aptitude
- Ability to quickly gain working knowledge of the MedHub platform