Service Technician I at Arthrex, Inc.
Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Barbara, California
|Title:||Service Technician I|
|Division:||Arthrex, Inc. (US01)|
|Location:||ACT Santa Barbara, CA (US02)|
To perform the decontamination, inspection, test and repair of returned medical products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the maintenance, organization of service and repair. Facilitates, create systems, benches, layout and tooling to ensure efficient handling of defective products. May include outside facilities as well.
- Responsible for the receipt, decontamination, repair and documentation of electromechanical and video system products returned from the field to determine appropriate action and handling.
- Utilize Soldering and Desoldering skills on printed circuit board assemblies for thru hole and surface mount components.
- Perform optical test and measurement of incoming service items as required.
- Assist in performing failure root cause analysis on all returned products.
- Assist in perform complaint failure evaluations and provide estimates on repairs.
- Modify, rebuild or overhaul electromechanical products.
- Apply knowledge of electronics/electrical principles in determining equipment malfunction.
- Document findings for management, QA, manufacturing and engineering as needed.
- Work with Arthrex Inc to complete documentation necessary for closure of customer complaints.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in an electronics environment.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, including electrical test processes and procedures preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Electronics, optics, electromechanical equipment trouble shooting and repair.
Knowledge of FDA Quality System Requirements, ISO 13485 Quality System Requirements and GMP, Good Manufacturing Practices.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
The applicant must have basic computer knowledge; an understanding of Microsoft Word, ERP systems and Excel are required.
Ability to assist in defining problems and collect data.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required sit; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must bend frequently and lift up to 50-70 lbs on a regular basis.
Visual acuity necessary to do the job safely and effectively.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to potentially contaminated product, high pressure air systems, airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, potentially toxic chemicals and sharp tools. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.