Security Guards at MVM
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Homestead, Florida
In anticipation of a contract award, MVM, Inc. is looking to form a highly capable team to run a facility and all surrounding operations for the care and transport of unaccompanied minors. The ideal Security Guard candidate will be an excellent observer and will have experience in protecting and maintaining a safe secure environment. The Security Guard will ensure the shelter premises are safe by patrolling the area, and report any signs of intrusion to the Security Guard Shift Supervisors. The Security Guard will also monitor the entrance of anyone coming in and out of the facilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Patrol shelter premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to maintain security of premises (badge scan).
- Write reports of irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in security or military experience.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Must pass and maintain all required training, certifications, and licensing
- Must be licensed and bonded in the state you are applying for a position
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
Applicants selected will be subjected to a Government background investigation and may be required to meet the following conditions of employment:
- Clean criminal background check
- Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or child protective services check
- Successfully passing a pre-employment drug test
- Successfully passing a background investigation
Standing/Walking/Mobility: Must have mobility to stand or walk 50% - 100% of the time.
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: 5% - 25% of the time.
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 5% - 25% of the time.
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use a telephone system 75% - 100% of the time.
Physical Dimensions: Medium-duty work. Must be able to exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
MVM offers a competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Recruiting Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
MVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.