Small Business Sr. Underwriter at Customers Bank
Posted in General Business 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Phoenixville, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
Job ID 2017-4804
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-PA-Phoenixville
Posted Date 15 hours ago
At Customers Bank, we believe in working hard, working smart, working together to deliver memorable customer experiences, and having fun. Our vision, mission, and values guide us along our path to achieve excellence. Passion, attitude, creativity, integrity, alignment, and execution are cornerstones of our behaviors. They define who we are as an organization and as individuals. Everyone is encouraged to have personal development plans. By doing so, our team members are on their way to achieve their highest potential and be successful in their personal and professional lives.
Customers Bank, recently named by Forbes magazine as the 35th Best Bank in America (there are over 5,700 banks in the United States!), has an immediate opening for a Small Business Sr. Underwriter within our Small Business Underwriting Group (SBUG). As a Sr. Underwriter, you will review and evaluate credit to determine loan approval all while ensuring minimal risk exposure and staying consistent with the Bank's credit quality guidelines. This individual will be expected to serve as a thought leader in helping define the overall SBUG Lending agenda and will be the main driver of the underwriting team's training and development.
We are looking for a highly motivated, influential leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Underwrite small business loan requests.
- Analyze financial data related to new and renewal loan requests, including lines of credit, commercial real estate, and equipment financing loans.
- Present facts and offer opinions/recommendations concerning applicant's creditworthiness using the loan origination system.
- Identify and escalate issues/observations as they arise.
- Provide feedback to the line of business and its risk controls ensuring consistency and compliance with risk management framework and policies.
- Lead system enhancements.
- Coach, mentor, and train other team members within the SBUG and serve as the Subject Matter Expert.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience working in Small Business Underwriting required.
- Experience using 2+ Small Business Application/Processing Systems.
- Excellent computer skills, including being highly proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Must be able to underwrite a minimum of 60 Small Business Loans per month.
- Previous experience in a lead or supervisory role helpful.
- Strong attention to detail and highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with Bank's Calling Officers and co-workers.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, ideally in accounting, finance or business.
- CPA helpful.
Customers Bank will provide consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex/ gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor, seeking priority referral of qualified protected veterans.