Associate Manager, Fund Accounting Operations at Prudential
Posted in Real Estate 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
PGIM Real Estate is the global real estate investment business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). Redefining the real estate investing landscape since 1970, PGIM Real Estate has professionals in 18 cities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific with deep local knowledge and expertise, and gross assets under management of $69.0 billion ($50.5 billion net) as of September 30, 2017.
PGIM Real Estate’s tenured team offers to its global client base a broad range of real estate investment vehicles that span the risk-return spectrum across core, core plus, value-add, debt, securities, and specialized investment strategies. For more information, please visit http://www.pgimrealestate.com..
The Investment Operations Associate Manager works for PGIM Fund Operations who services and supports PGIM Real Estate (PGIM) in the accounting and reporting of the real estate investments within their portfolios. The Associate Manager supports the Manager and/or Director who serve as the primary source of contact with Portfolio Management, Finance, Legal, and Transactions as it relates to their assigned portfolios. The Associate Manager is primarily responsible for understanding accounting implications of all acquisitions and sales transactions and ensuring the proper execution of accounting and all reporting for their assigned portfolios. This position will be based in the PGIM Real Estate’s Atlanta office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage internal and/or external staff of approximately 1- 3 accounting professionals.
- Ensure that statutory, cash and other Enterprise reporting requirements are met.
- Prepare and/or review timely and accurate quarterly and annual financial statements for a large open-ended portfolio or smaller closed-end portfolios.
- Prepare and/or review timely and accurate quarterly data submission to various industry organizations and consultants.
- Interact with the Asset Managers in on-going operational matters.
- Work with accounting professionals on deal abstracts that ensure a thorough understanding of the required accounting and tax reporting necessary for the transactions.
- Develop and/or review models to calculate partners splits as it relates to partnerships investments and similar financial calculations.
- Participate in interactions with PGIM Legal and Transaction staff on acquisitions and sales of investments.
- Participate in interactions with PGIM Finance group in implementing new accounting policies.
- Assist in the various audits with internal and external auditors.
- Participate in various training classes for Operations or cross functional groups - such as accounting for complex deal structures, record keeping within certain systems, and/or the rolling out of new or changes to existing processes.
- Assist in special projects related to systems implementation that involve property/portfolio data, establishment of new or redesigned portfolios, and major Enterprise initiatives.
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as it relates to fair market value of real estate, and/or related investments.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple processes within tight deadlines while responding to various requests from many parties.
- 4-year undergraduate degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of financial statement preparation and review experience strongly preferred.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Audit experience strongly preferred.
- Big 4 auditing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of taxation for partnership and corporations strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of joint venture waterfall and income calculations strongly preferred.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- 3-5 years of real estate accounting experience a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting for mezzanine investments a plus.
- Knowledge of REIT structures a plus.
- Knowledge of performance return calculations and GIPS a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Strong leadership and development skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast pace organization with tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and partnering skills.
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Prudential is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce.