Logger-Field Technician - Baton Rouge at Tetra Tech
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Ardaman & Associates, Inc. is one of the largest geotechnical, materials testing, and environmental engineering consulting firms in the Southeastern U.S. We are, by most definitions, a large regional engineering company. Over our history, we have worked on more than 100,000 projects throughout the Southeast, the U.S., and worldwide. This vast list of project experience includes services for virtually every type of public and private client associated with development and construction. JOB SUMMARY:
Ardaman has the following opportunity available:
LOGGER/FIELD TECHNICIAN - Baton Rouge
JOB SUMMARY:A logger/field technician will document and oversee geotechnical drilling projects, including classification of samples, preparing samples for shipment, and keeping a written log of the borings. On occasion, the logger will assist the driller in solid stem and hollow stem auger drilling and Shelby tube sampling techniques. Site investigation/geotechnical drilling is done to determine the soil characteristics on construction sites. Work is outdoors in all weather conditions and out of town work required regularly. The work is generally physically demanding.
- Assist drillers with locating job site and areas for drilling (job setup).
- Identify boring locations using plans and GPS.
- Prepare soil samples obtained by the drillers.
- Package and label samples and transport samples to laboratory.
- Keep a written log of all soil borings.
- Load and unload equipment and supplies.
- Communicate with client and company representatives.
- Ability to lift drill steel and materials weighing up to 80 lbs.
- Assist in installing monitoring well casing and screens
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Help obtain drilling core samples
- Assist with well development and pumping tests
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of one year experience or soil classification experience preferred.
- Mechanical skills preferred.
- Class A or Class B CDL license a plus.
- Must have prior experience working outdoors.
- Must pass company background checks including drug screen.
- Must have an excellent driving record within company standards.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance plans, time off with pay, 401(k) with company match, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contactor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Ardaman is a Drug Free Workplace.