Technology Architect - US at Infosys
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Infosys Public Services is the leader in consulting, technology, and next-generation services. We partner with US and Canadian public sector organizations to help them stay ahead of the innovation curve. Our technology solutions, combined with proven best-practices and execution excellence enable our clients to renew themselves and build new capabilities to improve mission outcomes.
We are pushing the limit of what is currently possible – towards completely new areas. And then executing these ideas to perfection.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced Subject Matter Expert (Technology Architect) for our Rockville, MD location.
The Subject Matter Expert (Technology Architect) demonstrates the ability to confer with client executive management using industry expertise to define the client's strategic enterprise information technology business goals, and advises in the reengineering of high level business processes to meet these goals. Demonstrates the experience and ability to analyze extremely complex client requirements and recommend sophisticated development or acquisition strategies. Demonstrates the ability to assist client in developing strategic plans and concepts. Demonstrates the ability to advise clients on the impact of new legislation and emerging technologies that are relevant to their activity. Demonstrates the experience and ability to provide technical experience in highly specialized technical and professional areas, on an enterprise–wide scale. Such areas of expertise may include, but are not limited to: human factors engineering, Section 508 compliance, business process / requirements engineering, telecommunications, cyber security, and other technical and non-technical areas. Qualifying experience must include specific experience in deploying professional business and/or technical solutions across organizations with more than 40,000 users, or across smaller complex organizations with public / government / media exposure, or in other organizations where such expertise was relied upon to pursue new technologies, design lines of business, or defend business decisions before third parties. Must demonstrate knowledge of technologies/business practices and lessons-learned applicable to large enterprises, large scale projects, and enterprise-wide deployments. Must demonstrate experience in the development of best practices for enterprise-size clients. May have specific experience with new and / or leading edge technologies and the deployment of these solutions to enterprise organizations. Demonstrates the experience and ability to work without technical oversight and to lead and/or supervise a team of specialists. Possesses superior oral and written communications skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues, reports, and other deliverables to client counterparts.
- Possesses expert knowledge of Federal laws and regulations, directives, instructions, policy, standards and guidance so that requirements ensure for security and privacy compliance.
- Possesses expert knowledge of FedRAMP requirements and guidance.
- Possesses expert knowledge of the Federal Cybersecurity Strategy and Implementation Plan (CSIP) and related OMB and DHS cyber security initiatives to ensure that business process and requirements are aligned with cross-agency goals.
- Possesses expert knowledge of IT and Financial Management laws and OMB circulars, and the Federal Information System Controls Audit Manual (FISCAM).
- Leads and/or directs the efforts of specialists on project(s) across components and/or technical areas.
- Provides guidance and direction across components and acts in a consulting and/or advisory capacity.
- Leads transition teams and centers of excellence in seeking and mastering emerging technologies.
- Provides expert, independent services and leadership in areas relevant to a particular task order by supplying highly technical and specialized guidance concerning deployment of automated solutions to complex information processing problems.
- Develops analytical and computational techniques and methodologies for problem solutions.
- Provides technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools.
- Performs as an expert in the implementation of highly specialized, leading edge information technologies, methodologies, and software tools.
- Develops and applies organization-wide information models for use in designing and building integrated, shared software and database management systems.
- Coordinates, produces, and/or reviews complex technical documentation such as systems design, system architecture, feasibility studies, and system specifications reflecting detailed knowledge of technical areas.
- Provides technical expertise, support and oversight in one or more technology areas including, but not limited to, data mining, wireless communications, Internet technologies, secure messaging, biometrics, information assurance, public key infrastructure (PKI), Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1998, and accessibility.
- Provides industry vision and strategic direction with regard to the data enterprise.
- Oversees systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews.
- Develops system security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures.
- Manages design, testing, and implementation of complex user interfaces.
- Oversees the evaluation of new, highly specialized applications and leading edge software technologies.
- Qualified candidates must have the ability to obtain a federal government clearance.
- 8 years of experience.
- Experience building and implementing technical architecture for a large system.
- Experience providing technical guidance for a large development team.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment.
- Knowledge and experience in the following technologies: Java Applications; Mainframe applications; IBM WebSphere MQ; IBM WebSphere Portal Server; IBM Operational Decision Manager.
- Understanding of different process/constituents and best practices of Project Management.
- Knowledge of product architecture and product functionality.
- Knowledge of support and maintenance processes.
- Knowledge of the release management processes/benchmarks.
- Looks at data from multiple sources and integrates data/inputs in a manner to build cause & effect linkages to arrive at key issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive, relevant work experience in lieu of every year of education. Candidate's that have completed a Master’s degree program strongly preferred.
- Master's Degree
The job entails an extensive amount of travel. The job also entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face.
IPS strictly complies with U.S. employment verification and anti-discrimination laws. An applicant hired by IPS must be able to establish authorization to work in the U.S. IPS does not sponsor individuals for U.S. work visas, though exceptions may be evaluated on a case by case basis, at the sole discretion of the company.
Infosys Public Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.