Business Analyst at Northeastern University
Posted in Business System Analyst 30+ days ago.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Requisition Number: STFR004318
Division/College: Professional Advancement Network
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The Business Analyst (BA) is an embedded resource who works closely with the Professional Advancement Network (PAN), Enrollment Management and Student Affairs (EMSA) and the College of Professional Studies (CPS), to help define, articulate, and disseminate project information and initiatives. The BA is expected to become a subject matter expert on the needs and requirements of the various business units (BU) and on-boards the technology teams to align with the University's and PAN's overall strategic and tactical goals. The BA will:
- Learn Northeastern University 2025 strategy and ensure project alignment
- Represent PAN information technology services to various constituencies
- Leverage effective communication skills to balance client needs and expectations with available resources and competing projects
- Assist customers in defining and documenting business cases
- Gather and document business requirements
- Work with the BU representatives to assess project benefit and impact
- Partner with other systems teams to propose recommendations / solutions
- Work with customer and technical team to establish test plans and expected results
- Support the creation of training materials and other artifacts
- Assist in managing the project pipeline
- Assist in on-boarding new projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a business or technology discipline and two to five years of experience in business analysis, project management, and working with multi-disciplinary teams are required. Knowledge of higher educational environment is preferred.
Relevant experience includes: writing business cases, business requirements, use cases, and test plans; capturing and documenting requirements; defining acceptance criteria; developing project plans; and estimating work effort.
Strong written and verbal communications skills are crucial. Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences at all organizational levels. Must be able to interact with customers in a sensitive and diplomatic manner, maintaining positive relationships and building consensus on project goals. Must be able to switch between strategic vision and tactical tasks. Must also demonstrate excellent negotiation, analysis problem-solving, decision-making, and time management skills. Desired familiarity with:
- SDLC and SSDLC methodologies
- Agile methodologies
- Marketing automation systems, with an emphasis on Marketo
- CRM systems, with an emphasis on Salesforce
- Familiarity CMS systems
- UX methodologies
To ensure that essential services are provided to the University community, the employee will be required to work outside regular working hours as needed
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency