Commodity Manager at MTD Products Inc
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tempe, Arizona
MTD is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and sales of outdoor power equipment and consumer goods. As a multinational privately held company, MTD provides high quality consumer goods through mass merchants and independent retail networks. Although you may not know the name MTD Products, you know us through our brands; Bolens, Cub Cadet, Remington, Yard-Man, Yard Machines, and Troy-Bilt. We help people make their yards beautiful.
- Coordinates the strategy development for the procurement of raw materials, components, sub-assemblies and raw materials for the organization by performing the following duties:
- Coordinate all purchasing related activities for Operations and new product development as assigned within the various commodities.
- Prepares and presents recommended supply strategies to Supply Management Leadership.
- Identifies gaps within the existing supply base relative to the current and future production requirements.
- Communicate needs to other functional groups so that development work can be completed in time to support project.
- Works with cross-functional teams to initiate total cost improvements and supplier development
- The Commodity Manager will have a knowledge of strategic and global sourcing and will use this knowledge to develop new suppliers to support both new and current product development.
- Negotiates pricing for all outsourced materials and/or parts in accordance with target costs and departmental goals.
- Using VA/VE tools, monitors and adjusts sourcing strategies to ensure projects are achieved on time and to the budgeted plan.
- Maintains and ensures contract terms are being executed by both MTD and the supplier.
- Using project management tools and techniques, Commodity Manager will be responsible for continual cost reduction project ideation, implementation, and execution.
- Uses Risk Management to assess supply vulnerability. Develops strategies to minimize or mitigate risk.
- Monitors commodity market trends against supplier pricing and applies knowledge within activities to drive the lowest cost to MTD. Performs all purchasing activities in accordance with departmental goals, objectives and company policies and procedures.
- Must possess and apply a broad knowledge of Purchasing and Supply Management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Battery/PCB/Electrical purchasing experience is a must
- Strong candidates will have spent time in a fast-paced environment, purchasing a large variety of different components, and has a solid track record on closing larger contracts and achieving strong year over year cost reductions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have strong technical background (mechanical and electrical) to support complex technical sourcing projects
- High degree of creativity, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Some domestic and international travel may be required.
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Pension, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
See Job Description