Client Manager/Senior Architect - Federal Market Sector at Transystems Corp
Posted in Architecture 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Berkeley, California
Transportation Infrastructure and Facilities - that's our focus. From infrastructure and facility design to computer simulation and economic impact analysis to finding alternative financing solutions for transportation projects - we do it. Our transportation specialists, located in offices across the nation, are unparalleled in the knowledge of the movement of freight and people, and unmatched in technical and managerial services. We provide full-scale professional services to both public and private sector transportation clients. Plans, designs and directs components of federal government projects; freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; and energy and communication.
Client Manager/Senior Architect – Federal Market Sector
Potential Office Locations: Berkeley (preferred), Los Angeles, Santa Ana, San Diego
TranSystems has an immediate need for a talented, client focused, detail oriented and business aware, senior architect to join the team and be dedicated to our Federal practice. Our Federal practice serves NAVFAC, COE, AF, USCG, NOAA and others. Our delivery is either through traditional design-bid-build, or design-build methods. Our work is based wherever the federal government needs our assistance, including Guam, Japan, and all points in the US, so travel will be an occasional requirement of this position.
This person will be dedicated to client relationship development, however in this fast-paced world of federal design-build projects, this person also needs to be able to take a very active leadership role with respect to project development and delivery. This person should have excellent organizational skills as well as familiar with detailing, construction materials and systems, and drawing set organization.
The corporate title of this position will be Vice President (Architect 4 or 5) and will report to the Regional Sales Leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Registered Professional Architect in the state of California
- Minimum 20 years architectural experience
- Client and Project Management experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Suite
- Master’s Degree in Architecture
- LEED Certified (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional)
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties maybe assigned.
- Identify and nurture client relations for new and existing accounts, continually examining the strategic value of all their accounts.
- Develop and execute Account Plans for all of their clients (active or target).
- Develop and execute a strategy to expand all lines of business within their accounts.
- Use all means necessary to identify and secure project opportunities.
- Continual awareness and update of information within our MIS (Vision).
- Act as eyes and ears for potential merger & acquisition targets as well as key hires to add to the team.
- Oversee the preparation of design and design drawings, including presentation studies and renderings; design development drawings; final construction drawings, including building details.
- Prepares proposal estimates of the time and expense required to complete the project.
- Coordinates tasks concerned with technical developments and resolving design problems.
- Shows understanding of team management, develops project scope of work, estimating manpower needs, prepare schedules, and tracks project progress.
- Assures that the project is completed within the allocated period of time and within the budget that has been assigned.
- Plan and execute a typical project meeting. Negotiate a difficult project issue with the client, such as scope changes or schedule acceleration.
- Controls project plan by approving design, specifications, plans, and schedules changes.
- Assures the project meets quality control and quality assurance guidelines.
- Interprets changes in the contract and advises management on needed changes.
- Coordination of design development with other disciplines.
- Participate in meetings, presentations and conference calls with consultants and clients.
- Perform construction support tasks such as reviewing construction submittals and responding to RFIs.
- Works independently with advice from project architects.
- Analyze sketches, notes, and other input material to determine best approach to complex drawings with knowledge of drawings connection to the remaining plan set.
- Interpret and use industry and company standards of drafting, calculation, file management.
- Serves as a technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned area of responsibility.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate the business development and sales objectives of the company to the CM group within their Market Sector.
- Strong understanding of our business and the ability to create business development plans that support the objectives of the Company’s Strategic Plan.
- Strong relationship building skills that enable them to approach new clients and maintain and build existing client relationships.
- Ability to define and solve business development and sales problems and issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Applies mature judgment to issues, takes prudent risks, gathers sufficient information, and exercises keen insight to make confident and timely decisions.
- Able to reach “win-win” agreements that meet the interests of both parties. Works well under stress and pressure, bounces back from disappointment, learns from successes and failures, maintains perspective, and is not easily discouraged in the face of adversity.
- Bases decisions on a high standard of ethics and principles, backs up words with actions, and is scrupulously honest.
Position will require travel to client sites for meetings and site visits using various modes of transportation including automobile and airline.
Travel requirements: Up to 20%
TranSystems Corporation - Transportation Infrastructure and Facilities - that's our focus. From infrastructure and facility design to computer simulation and economic impact analysis to finding alternative financing solutions for transportation projects - we do it. Our transportation specialists, located in offices across the nation, are unparalleled in the knowledge of the movement of freight and people, and unmatched in technical and managerial services. We provide full-scale professional services to both public and private sector transportation clients. Plans, designs and directs components of freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; energy and communication; and federal government projects.
TranSystems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status or physical or mental disability. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).