Proposal Writer at XPO Logistics SC Corporate
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: High Point, North Carolina
Logistics done differently.
You have a knack for creating compelling copy that draws people in and the skill to present it in an engaging and persuasive manner. At XPO Logistics, we need people like you to help strengthen and expand our business. As the Proposal Writer II, you will manage the process of developing, maintaining, and producing client proposals, sales support materials, and special projects. If you have the desire and experience to work for a global company, we have the opportunity for you to grow with XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Develop, write, edit, and submit business development proposals for complex business-to-business services; manage accountability on deliverables to meet deadlines
- Review customer requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposals (RFPs), interpret requirements, and coordinate response requirements; participate in the internal storyboarding process
- Identify and articulate the specific value our company offers to current and potential clients; research client websites for relative strategic information, and XPO corporate mission, values, future plans, logos, and applicable product clip art for use in the proposal
- Manage the proposal process including gathering the pieces and inputs that will make up the response from all participating departments/components within tight timelines; write new template/collateral material as required and customize existing template material that will be a part of the response
- Perform content edit for clarity to ensure a clear and concise value proposition, and consistency in our solution; perform technical edit to ensure a standard look and feel of final production (voice, format, etc.)
- Edit, format, print, collate, and deliver to customer in required format by deadline; responsible for overall appearance, completeness, and correctness of the final product
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, English, marketing, communications, or related field
- 3 years of related experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook)
- Strong English grammar and professional writing skills
- Excellent presentation creation skills with MS PowerPoint
It’d be great if you also have:
- Business development/sales support experience
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment; resourceful and results oriented
- Strong time management and project management skills with the flexibility to manage and prioritize multiple, changing tasks
- Ability to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent listening, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list, and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.