Spanish Translator - Louisville, KY at MVM, Inc.
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Title: Spanish Translator
Location: Louisville, KY
Travel: Must be willing to travel as needed
Schedule: Must be flexible to work holidays, weekends and multiple shift options
¿Hablas español a diario o con frecuencia con amigos o familiares? You could become a linguist!
MVM, Inc., is a professional services firm with decades of experience supporting Government customers and we are seeking talented Spanish Translators.
What Does a Spanish Translator Do?
Spanish Translators analyze Spanish from different Spanish-speaking regions, and provide a clean, objective product in professional English to law enforcement clients.
- If you talk to friends, family members, or others in Spanish frequently, and can understand them fully;
- If you can read and write in Spanish;
- If use or understand slang or colloquial expressions
Then you might have what it takes to be a linguist! You don’t need to be a translator or interpreter by trade or have a linguistics degree to become a linguist. At MVM, Inc. we will provide on-the-job training to ensure you have a successful linguist career!
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of experience in a professional setting
- Native or near native oral and written communications skills in both Spanish and English
- Ability to comprehend and translate Spanish slang and colloquial expressions
- Available to work a rotating, flexible schedule
- Proficient in MS Office
All applicants selected will be subject to a strict Government background investigation and must meet criteria that includes, but is not limited to:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Favorable credit check
- Resided in the US at least three (3) of the past five (5) years
Due to the limited number of positions that will be available, we advise that you submit your application as soon as possible!
MVM offers a competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Recruiting Department will contact you directly should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
MVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.