Senior Account Supervisor, Corporate Technology at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
We’re seeking a seasoned Senior Account Supervisor to join our Zeno team supporting corporate communications for one of the Bay Area’s most innovative and forward-thinking technology companies - Salesforce. This role is based in San Francisco.
We are looking for a talented and collaborative PR professional to provide confident, experience-based counsel in media relations, story and content development, executive communications, and overall communications planning. The candidate will be proficient and enthusiastic about all aspects of media relations and story development (traditional and digital/social media channels), and eager to learn about Salesforce and its impact.
As a Senior Account Supervisor, you will be responsible for developing and executing communications programs that promote, protect and evolve the client’s corporate reputation and advance its business goals. You will need to be able to:
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the clients’ business and its objectives, as well as key stakeholders: employees, investors, regulators, media, vendors, partners and other businesses/organizations, etc., and help impart this knowledge to account team members
• Play a major role in driving communications plans and goals, including the development of both tactical and strategic elements; ensure they map back to the client’s business objectives
• Build and execute executive communications and visibility programs that position them as thought leaders with their target audiences
• Create, drive and execute strategic media relations programs that target both established and emerging media outlets and platforms
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of the needs, opportunities and challenges of a public company and provide functional support against financial communications needs.
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to delegate tactical assignments and accurately judge and edit work of others
• Have a spirit of innovation, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to take risks and be motivated by the mutual success of their clients and their career
• Regularly track and digest industry trends, stories and insights to proactively identify relevant learnings and new ideas for Salesforce
• Serve as a daily client contact; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
• Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects at once, independently and within the team
• Oversee performance of accounts, ensuring work quality and deadline adherence
• Be detail oriented, and develop a command of the client business and style
• Help set achievable client program goals and manage against them
• Supervise staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and conducting their reviews
• Oversee junior staff’s work products to ensure quality and consistency
• Motivate teamwork and coach junior staff in developing strong storytelling, pitching and media relations skills
• Manage down, across and up by working closely with staff and peers and by ensuring senior team members meet approval deadlines and stay on track with deliverables
• Contribute to the performance appraisal process for peers, managers and direct reports
• Commit to continuous learning and leadership development
You will succeed at Zeno if you are fearless, energetic, and personify Zeno’s values. You must have a collaborative spirit and lead by doing, embodying the idea that no job is too big or too small. You are a savvy communicator and presenter, an outstanding digital strategist and a client counselor who drives business results. Specifically, we’re looking for someone with:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum six years of relevant experience in PR and/or related fields; previous agency with corporate and/or technology industry experience is strongly preferred; previous work on large Fortune 500 sized companies is strongly preferred but not required
• An understanding of the integral role PR plays in technology and familiarity with best practice communications tactics and PR tools
• A pulse on today’s ever-changing media and business landscape; bonus for existing contacts with key business, technology, consumer and trade press
• Creative brand storytelling prowess and strong media relations, research, writing and editing skills are a must
• Organized and detail-oriented; able to multi-task various responsibilities
• Proactive and self-motivated; anticipate upcoming client projects and deliverables
• Ability to think critically and demonstrate good judgment
• Possess a blend of strong writing and analytical skills
• Innate desire to provide excellent service to clients
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
Zeno Group offers a creative and differentiating benefits package including a variety of medical and dental choices, vacation, optional and sick time. We also offer a 401(k) plan, pretax flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, a prescription drug benefit plan, a vision plan, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance and programs that support flexibility and promote work/life balance. In addition, our unique ZenoFit wellness program offers financial support to pursue the wellness activity of your choice.
Zeno Group's culture is innovative and energetic. If you thrive on a creative challenge and are looking for an opportunity that offers plenty of growth potential and career development, then we are looking for you!
Say hello on Twitter: @zenogroup. Join us on Facebook: Facebook.com/zenogroup