Senior Planner - at Lummi Indian Business Council
Posted in Project Management 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by Recruitology
Location: Bellingham, WashingtonJob Description:
SALARY GRADE: 10 ($28.85-32.32)
DURATION: Regular Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Planning Director, the Senior Planner performs a wide variety of current and/or long-range planning activities. These activities include research, analysis, report writing, mapping, permitting, design, public contact, plan preparation, and other related tasks. Depending on circumstances, the Senior Planner may be assigned primarily current or primarily long-range planning tasks, and may be asked to assume supervisory responsibilities. This is a professional planning position requiring a Bachelors level Education and years of practical experience.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning
- 5 years full time work experience in Land Use Planning, Community Planning, Indian Land Administration includi Permit processing and administration.
- Development and updating of short and long range community plans.
- Preparing reports and recommendations for commissions and councils.
- Conducting public meetings and hearings.
- Conducting Technical Review Committee, Planning Commission or similar meetings.
- Development and updating of planning related codes and regulations.
- Review and processing of complex development applications.
- Project management including budgets and managing subcontractors.
- Possess certification by the American Institute of Certified Planners or qualify to be certified at the time of hire.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License and meet eligibility requirements for tribal insurance.
- Lummi/Native American/Veteran preference policy applies.
TO APPLY: To obtain a Lummi Indian Business Council (LIBC) application go to: http://lnnr.lummi-nsn.gov/LummiWebsite/Website.php?PageID=376 or request by email@example.com For more information contact the HR front desk (360) 312-2023. Submit LIBC application, cover letter, resume & reference letters no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date listed above. If listing degrees or certifications include copies. Mailing Address: 2665 Kwina Road, Bellingham, WA 98226. Human Resource Fax number: 360-380-6991.