Freelance Contributing Editor/Producer, BestProducts.com at THE HEARST CORPORATION
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Freelance Contributing Editor/Producer:
Are you completely product-obsessed? Do you love everything from coffee makers and cooking essentials, to space heaters and ski goggles, to wallets and whiskey stones —and everything in between? Here at BestProducts.com, we literally live and breathe products, and we’re looking for someone equally obsessed to join our team of passionate editors.
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a rapidly growing digitally native brand! In this role, you’ll work closely with our team to produce and create content that will work across a variety of platforms. This means taking products home to test, creating side-by-side comparisons of products so the consumer knows which toaster is the best of the bunch, and pitching new ideas on the latest product trends and collaborations.
We’re looking for someone who’s a self-starter, who can juggle multiple projects at a time, and is able to excel in a fun, fast-paced environment with an eye for detail and a creative spirit. If this sounds like you, then send us your resume!
· Act as lead producer, testing out different content formats (galleries, in-depth articles, side-by-side product comparisons) for various platforms based on evolving content strategies
· Pitch, write, and produce meaningful content roundups and reviews of the latest products — from the best skin care for summer to the coolest kitchen gadgets to save tons of time in the kitchen
· Work closely with internal partnership teams, including SEO, Syndication and Social, to ensure all content is well-optimized and promoted on multiple platforms (help us get even more eyes on our content!)
· Monitor content performance, produce content insights, and pitch additional ideas based on results (give the people what they want!)
· Bachelors Degree
· Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in online media
· The ability to work independently, extremely detail-oriented and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
· Daily experience working within a CMS
· Proficiency with Photoshop or other image-editing software
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Strong analytical skills
· Must be able to collaborate and foster positive relationships with colleagues
· Must have a passion for building BestProducts.com’s brand
· MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Analytics (Google Analytics preferred)