Loan Officer at Freedom Mortgage
Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Santa Rosa, CaliforniaJob Description:
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job ID: 2046
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Functional Area: Retail
Department:RT Santa Rosa CA
Employment Type:Full Time
Relocation Provided: No
The Loan Officer is responsible for making sales of mortgage loan packages though proactively soliciting and self-sourcing new residential mortgage business to meet Freedom Mortgage's loan quality and production goals. The Loan Officer is customarily and regularly conducting sales and engaged in sales activities in a variety of settings spending more than one-half of the workday away from any FMC regular place of business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establishes, develops and maintains positive relationships with existing and potential customers. Develops, maintains and monitors relationships with client referral sources such as realtors and brokers, builders, developers, financial advisors and other potential referral sources to generate mortgage leads with potential new or existing customers.
- Keeps informed on trends, changes and developments in the local real estate market.
- Keeps up with what competitors are doing by keeping up-to-date with changing rules, regulations and guidelines from FHMA, FHLMC, FHA, and VA in addition to other investors and agencies.
- Keeps informed of all origination, processing, appraisal, underwriting and closing requirements for both company and investor guidelines pertaining to both governments insured and privately insured mortgages.
- Negotiates price, terms and conditions with mortgagors.
- Responsible for the overall customer interaction and interface with all parties involved on each individual loan that is originated from application to closing including, but not limited to: counseling and prequalifying potential home buyers; taking complete and accurate applications; obtaining all necessary support documents along with the appropriate fees and lock-in information; overseeing the loan status to all interested parties; and obtaining loan documentation after closing as directed by corporate or senior management.
- Writes sales reports, plans itineraries and engages in marketing and promotional activities in support of sales goals.
- Stays current on a variety of different sales techniques though ongoing individual and company sponsored training including: Ignite Sales Training for Loan Officers and Product Training.
- Maintains a professional image and standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Employee must comply with Company Policies, and all applicable federal, state and local laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, guidelines and other requirements pertaining to the mortgage banking industry, and to the business of Company.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned from time to time.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must have a current and active NMLS in good standing
- Must have current and active State Licensing in good standing
- Primary duty is making outside sales. Employee will be customarily and regularly engaged away from the employer's place of business. Candidate must have experience in this area.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience as loan originator.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos, and work place policies. Ability to write professional correspondences. Ability to write routine business reports. Ability to speak effectively with other employees and/or customers. Ability to present formal information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and employees. Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, customers and/or the general public.
Ability to work and apply mathematical concepts such as multiplication, division, addition , subtraction, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proration's in calculating mortgage payment, good faith estimates and truth in lending statements.
Ability to carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions. Ability to solve problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
See above under Qualifications. Loan officer is not permitted to hold conflicting licenses such as a realtor license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Driving and travel up to 6 hours daily.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description, as well as any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Freedom Mortgage is a privately held, full-service residential mortgage lender licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. We are one of the largest and fastest-growing privately held mortgage companies in the country, as well as the #7 lender in the nation. Freedom Mortgage currently services more than $100 billion, and we are a top VA and FHA lender. And we are continuing to grow! Freedom Mortgage is again on the Inc. 5000 list of the nation's fastest growing private firms. This year we ranked #1842; our revenue ranks as the largest in the state of NJ and largest nationwide in the category of Financial Services in 2017.
Freedom Mortgage has over 5300 employees and offices nationwide. Locations include suburban Philadelphia (multiple sites in Southern New Jersey and Fort Washington, PA) and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers in Melville, NY; Orlando, FL; San Diego, CA; San Dimas, CA; and Tempe, AZ.
Freedom Mortgage team members enjoy our total rewards program, including excellent benefits, perks, business casual dress, rewards programs, training, development and career opportunities. Community spirit is one of our shared values and Team Freedom Cares is our philanthropic arm helping us get involved in the communities in which we operate. Learn more about us and apply!