VP Branch Sales/Service Manager at University of Iowa Community Credit Union
Posted in Executive 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
UICCU is now hiring for a Vice President of Branch Sales and Service Manager. This poised communicator will be an on-site leader for member service and sales while providing leadership, motivation, and direction for up to ten branch staff through coaching and mentoring employees to strive for excellence. We need an independent, outgoing individual who can plan, direct, and control the activities of branch operations and team of sales and service representatives. This person will educate membership about products and services and build strong and long lasting member and business relationships.
Salary Range: $53,746.54 - $80,619.82 with a competitive incentive and benefit package.
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values in serving with truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, communication, giving credit, integrity, caring and respect in carrying out the UICCU's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name and acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with co-workers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Responsible for efficient operations through continued assessment and improvements.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Credit Union policies, procedures are performed consistently with Board and management guidelines including office equipment and facilities upkeep.
- Monitors and reports as requested branch activities in key performance areas.
- Develops and recommends annual branch performance targets in both team and individual expectations.
- Directs branch business development through outside calls, in-branch selling and branch targeted correspondence.
- Coaches, guides and directs branch staff to proactively maximize sales activities/ opportunities related to retail deposits, lending, investments and all other services available to our membership.
- Promotes the professional development of branch staff through individual and group training.
- Encourages and monitors growth with regular (no less frequent than quarterly) one on one performance updates and developing sales plans.
- Maintains a highly motivated, well-trained staff, maintaining effective employee relations.
- Responsible for branch staffing requirements; conducts final candidate interviews and responsible for selection of new branch staff.
- Oversees the daily scheduling of branch staff; responsible for final approval of all vacation, sick leave, flex scheduling and branch training. Tracks and reports usage of vacation and sick time on a monthly basis to the Human Resources Department.
- Prepares and conducts performance evaluations, prepares documentation for retention in personnel files. Working with HR, recommends and implements disciplinary actions and appropriate staff counseling within the department as needed.
- Works UICCU sponsored and other events on or off premise as scheduled.
- As needed, performs essential duties and responsibilities of branch staff or other operational positions.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and /or credit union sponsored events on an annual basis.
- Must have three to five years credit union or related experience; a minimum of two years supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership ability and team building skills preferred.
- High energy with the ability to approach individuals and engage in a conversation to successfully win business and open accounts.
- Thorough knowledge of product and services; ensures appropriate application of the credit union's policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills to represent the credit union in a positive way, both internally and externally at all times.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in both oral and written communication.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and organize work efficiently to meet established deadlines.
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Computer literacy/experience.
- Regular and punctual attendance at work.
- Arrive on time and prepared for scheduled meetings; active participant.
- Ability, availability and willingness to work flexible hours to accomplish workload. Job will require a non-traditional workweek with extra hours including evening and/or weekend duties.
- High school diploma or the equivalent (e.g. GED).
- Must be bondable.
- Must be registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E. Act.