Security Guards at MVM
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Homestead, Florida
Title: Security Guard
Limited Duration: Intermittent, Temporary, Seasonal/On-Call
Location: Various, including Homestead, FL
Travel: Optional, Up to 100%
Schedule: Flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
MVM, Inc. – a leading provider of professional, technical, administrative, and program management support services to the Federal Government – is creating a pipeline of Security Guards that would be interested in provisional commitment projects anywhere in the US with other highly capable team members tasked with providing care to Unaccompanied Children (UC) in a limited duration shelter dependent on the request from The Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR).
Security Guards patrol and monitor the shelter, respond to disturbances, and ensure the overall safety and security of unaccompanied children and staff. Shelter security staff is unarmed and will be posted at each building and shelter entrance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Patrol shelter premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
· Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
· Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to maintain security of premises (badge scan).
· Write reports of irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum one (1) year experience in security or military experience.
· Must possess all applicable training, certifications, and/or licensing.
· Available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
· Pass fingerprint-based criminal background check
· Pass Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) check
· Must be licensed and bonded in the state you work in
Depending on the shelter location requested by ORR, MVM, Inc. may offer extended travel. Extended travel typically requires a commitment of a minimum of 30 to 90 days. Travel expenses will be paid according to Federal Travel Regulations. Locations may include, but are not limited to, New Mexico, California, Texas, and Arizona.
MVM offers a competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized, and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Recruiting Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
MVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.