Business Analyst - Procurement - Hopkins, MN at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota
The Business Analyst pulls data for large retail groups to analyze and develops tools and programs to support the Procurement department. This individual evaluates business requirements for enterprise application integration and service activation and delivers new or modified software systems enhancements and/or integration solutions. They also conduct and analyze business and information technology processes to prepare essential groundwork.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Participates in systems requirements, definition, testing, training, implementation, and support.
- Solicits client requirements through interviews, workshops, and/or existing system documentation or procedures.
- Uses industry standard analysis techniques to uncover client requirements such as data flow modeling, use-case analysis, workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis, data modeling, and object modeling.
- Uses prototyping, where possible, to solidify client requirements (in conjunction with the Software Developer).
- Makes recommendations for necessary changes on projects that come in from other departments.
- Identifies customer requirements, develops test schedules, reviews testing plans, and tracks and documents development/results.
- Creates, modifies, maintains, and schedules procedures and reports using various report writing tools.
- Identifies areas of potential business risk and communicates these to the Project Leader.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a major in MIS, Computer Science, Business, or related field preferred.
- Ability to program and develop macros. Familiarity with SQL and VBA. Ability to work in technical environments that use Unix, Oracle, and SQL.
- Previous business and project analysis experience preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with client/server-based systems preferred.
- Knowledge and experience gathering requirements and working with functional design and business processes.
- Must be systems-oriented, enjoy working with new tools, and be a self-motivated learner.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.