Collections Representative II at Freedom Mortgage
Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: San Dimas, CaliforniaJob Description:
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job ID: 1945
Location: San Dimas, CA
Functional Area: Servicing
Employment Type:Full Time
Relocation Provided: No
The Collections Representative II is responsible for assisting Freedom's Call Center customers in the servicing of their mortgage. This position requires strong verbal communication skills, professionalism and time management. This position requires a minimum of 2 years call center and collections experience. Prior mortgage industry experience highly preferred. Working within our call center will give you an opportunity to acquire experience and skills that will advance your career here at Freedom Mortgage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Engage customers via inbound and outbound calls to discuss the delinquent status of their mortgage loan
- Must have superior communication and customer service skills, including professional empathy, customer care, passion and enthusiasm, problem-solving skills, and the ability to overcome basic objections
- Responsible for assuring all regulatory requirements are met concerning customer interaction by explaining policies and procedures courteously and patiently
- Maintains confidentiality of customer's nonpublic information
- Provides information and knowledgeable assistance regarding mortgage loans
- Maintains customer records on servicing platform
- Builds customer relationships by actively listening and resolving complaints quickly, efficiently, and accurately
- Provides written and verbal responses to customer inquiries as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Ability and Knowledge of Basic Computer Skills
- Strong Negotiation and Verbal Communication Skills
- Experience in Skip Tracing
- Previous Mortgage Experience, Preferred Education and/or Experience: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must be familiar with FDCPA guidelines
- Must be able to multi-task between phone and computer work within an active call center environment, and work collaboratively amongst other team members to ensure excellent customer service
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Reasoning and Critical Thinking Ability
Education and/or Experience:
High School / GED required; Associates Degree or Equivalent from a 2 year college or technical school preferred
2+ years previous Call Center experience required, with a minimum of 2 years in a Collections environment
Freedom Mortgage is a privately held, full-service residential mortgage lender licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. We are one of the largest and fastest-growing privately held mortgage companies in the country, as well as the #7 lender in the nation. Freedom Mortgage currently services more than $100 billion, and we are a top VA and FHA lender. And we are continuing to grow! Freedom Mortgage is again on the Inc. 5000 list of the nation's fastest growing private firms. This year we ranked #1842; our revenue ranks as the largest in the state of NJ and largest nationwide in the category of Financial Services in 2017.
Freedom Mortgage has over 5300 employees and offices nationwide. Locations include suburban Philadelphia (multiple sites in Southern New Jersey and Fort Washington, PA) and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers in Melville, NY; Orlando, FL; San Diego, CA; San Dimas, CA; and Tempe, AZ.
Freedom Mortgage team members enjoy our total rewards program, including excellent benefits, perks, business casual dress, rewards programs, training, development and career opportunities. Community spirit is one of our shared values and Team Freedom Cares is our philanthropic arm helping us get involved in the communities in which we operate. Learn more about us and apply!