Senior Research Manager at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Senior Research Manager to join a growing team of experienced researchers. Candidates should have previous experience in applied analytics, media measurement, or quantitative research. We are looking for someone who is naturally curious, has a passion for understanding human behavior, and is eager to put those learnings into action.
Edelman Intelligence is the strategic research arm of Edelman – the world’s largest global public relations firm – where we serve as strategic communication partners and consultants to a wide range of top-tier clients. Using the power of market research and analytics, Edelman Intelligence works closely with Edelman teams and clients to optimize their communications and marketing approach every step of the way. Whether it is helping to develop/verify a messaging strategy, testing tactical PR elements or evaluating a potential target audience, we are pushing the envelope to help Edelman marry creativity + strategy in the world of communications marketing.
- Project Management by contributing to research projects from start to finish, keeping the project on time and best serving client needs
- Day-to-day management and interfacing with partners/teammates; across geos and with Edelman
- Leading the development of research design, sampling plan, questionnaires, moderator guides, tab and banner plans, and analytical plans.
- Collaborating with analysts to ensure that client objectives are being met throughout the course of the project
- Development of research design, specifications, coding framework, media universe, sampling plan, reporting template analytical plans and timeline.
- Responsible for analytical process and the development of the research results that clearly and concisely answer the research objective and provide value to the client, including client deliverable, presenting analysis, implications and recommendations to client
- BA/BS degree in related field
- 3+ years of experience in qualitative and quantitative research
- Demonstrated experience in media analysis/measurement related to public relations, marketing and communications
- Knowledge and experience using a wide variety secondary research tools such as social media analysis platforms, Talkwalker, Sysomos, Factiva or Lexis/Nexis, fact-finding resources, and published market or financial analyst reporting
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated effective client management (internal or external) skills
- Relationship building, business development, and client management