Software Quality Analyst I at MiTek Industries
Posted in QA - Quality Control 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: Chesterfield, Missouri
MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal - making our customers successful.
We are seeking dynamic and motivated Software Quality Analyst I who will be responsible for testing complex Structural Engineering, CAD and Business Management software. Including the design, creation, documentation of, and execution of complex software test cases, and also includes verification of bug fixes and enhancements, researching bug reports, verification of software requirements, and provide Technical Support. Is an active and critical member of an Agile Development scrum team within software development process and is a key part of the decision making group to access risk of various projects alongside software developers and product managers. Opportunities for mentoring others on required job duties and cross-training across teams on all the applications within the software suite.Required Skills:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design, develop, document, train and execute complex software test cases used for regression testing cycle – 15%
- Act as a critical part of the decision making group to access risk of certain projects to determine appropriate timing and placement of development effort – 5%
- Collaborate and contribute with Software Product Management and other development teams on software requirements to ensure that solutions are efficient, consistent, and fulfill business needs – 10%
- Functional testing of new features and regression testing of existing features and functionality for each new software release – 60%
- Work in an Agile software development environment (using Scrum), participating in daily scrum meetings, monthly retrospective, and planning meetings – 5%
- Perform accuracy testing for engineering analysis, truss and wall geometry, and pricing output through reporting and data files – 4%
- Production testing for machinery and other critical output files for equipment
- Researching bug reports from various stakeholders and provide Technical Support – 1%
- Apply generally accepted Quality Assurance standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation
- Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University preferably in Computer Science or Engineering; or related 3 to 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have computer/software skills. Should be able to research, analyze, and resolve most software problems in complex network environments.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities