Part-Time Housekeeping Associate (Janitor) - Indianapolis, IN at Oldcastle Building Envelope Inc
Posted in Hospitality - Hotel 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Job ID: 127625
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are currently looking for a part-time Housekeeping Associate for our manufacturing facility in the Park 100 area of Indianapolis, IN. This position is responsible for keeping common areas in order and must be flexible and willing to take on non-routine cleaning and special projects as the need arises. The hours for this position may vary but are typically Monday through Friday, beginning at 12:00 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean and sanitize restrooms and break rooms; supplying inventory for all restrooms and break rooms
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and/or vacuuming
- Gather and empty trash in offices and break rooms
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created
- Maintain inventory of housekeeping supplies
- General housekeeping in housekeeping storage area
- Must be able to maintain quality standards with little supervision
- Must be willing to assist in the clean-up of blood-borne pathogen spills
- Must be willing to perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or lead
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Two years of relevant work experience, required
- Must have high standards of what cleanliness means
- Must have good communication skills as many tasks/issues are given verbally
- Must be able to use a variety of cleaning equipment – wet/dry vacuum, vacuum
- Constant standing and walking
- Frequent bending, squatting, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning of upper body
- Frequent lifting/carrying of 10-20 lbs. and pushing/pulling 5-24 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/carrying of 21-50 lbs. and pushing/pulling 25-75 lbs.
- Frequent reaching and grasping outward and above the shoulder
- Frequent hand/eye coordination
- Frequent use of cleaning chemicals and use of appropriate PPE
- Hepatitis vaccine is offered at company expense as this position deals with a high possibility of body fluids
- The plant facility is subject to the same general climate conditions of the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.).
- Chemicals, dust, pollen and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the production floor and may create some odors in the plant. The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls, and PPE.
- While some chemicals may pose health risks if not properly used, employees are trained on the proper safety equipment and procedures for handling chemicals.
- While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and the WCB, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company’s hazardous communication program.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Only online applications will be accepted
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.