Quality Technician at Albuquerque
Posted in QA - Quality Control 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable our customers' technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world's only integrated “mine-to-mill” supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
In 2016, we generated approx. $1B in revenue. As a team of 2,500 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In early 2017, Materion closed on an exciting new acquisition that expands our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit our website at http://materion.com/About and check out our video “Materion Is” along with other videos of our employees sharing what it means for them to work at Materion.
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE and REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager or Designee, the Quality Technician will be actively involved in all aspects of the Quality System and Quality Improvement Plan with the aim to meet or exceed agreed quality targets.
... include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Acts safely and ethically at all times and is responsible for the quality department's safety performance. Upholds and acts according to our values, mission, and vision.
- Acts as a back up to the Quality Engineer, Quality Supervisor, or Quality Manager as needed.
- Project member for continuous improvement teams utilizing Six Sigma & Lean techniques that improve key metrics (Cost of Quality, Customer Complaint metrics, Yield) that increase organizational effectiveness and reduces cycle time.
- Aides in reporting status of the overall Business Quality System (i.e. Cost of Quality, customer complaints, product non-conformances, etc).
- Assists in developing quality improvements through the implementation of automated process controls, sampling systems, enhanced manufacturing procedures and utilization of statistical techniques. Assists with developing and maintaining statistical process control systems.
- Project member of Problem Solving Processes (8D, 5 Why, 7D, etc) to resolve Customer complaints, Customer audit findings or Return Material Authorizations in a timely manner that prevents reoccurrence. Assists with failure analysis, root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Member of customer audits and customer visit teams.
- Maintains the internal documentation library for accuracy and ensures it is current. Ensure the consistent application of forms and document usage. Assist with editing of standard operating procedures and forms.
- Train employees on document control procedures.
- Maintain the internal calibration program and ensures it is kept current. Train employees on proper calibration of measuring tools. Coordinate the calibration and repairs of measuring tools by outside vendors. Coordinate the purchasing of new measuring tools and scales.
- Review analytical results of manufactured products by performing mathematical and chemical calculations; verify that all steps were completed. Refer questionable results to QA Engineer and/or Supervisor. Notify proper personnel when inspection data exceeds acceptable limits or when major incidents of poor quality are noted. Assist in the implementation of corrective action.
- May compile data to generate Certificate of Analyses for customers.
- May inspect purchased materials for compliance with company quality standards and maintain representative samples of material as a comparison.
- Record all necessary documentation regarding quality of products to include production lab records, supplier analysis, analytical lab results etc.
- Project member for Problem Solving Processes (8D, 5 Why, 7D, etc) for Quality Management System Corrective Actions.
- Team Member for the Change Management Processes (Externally – Customers & Suppliers, Internally) and Material Review Board processes.
- Perform periodic internal audits of the quality management system. Develop action plans to address findings. Prepares for and coordinates external quality system audits.
- Maintain all required records to include analytical submission requirements, analytical results and lot traceability and history and prepare reports for management review.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
High School degree required; Associates degree preferred. Lean and or Six Sigma training recommended. Prefer experience and knowledge of manufacturing systems, the quality function and technical products. Further experience with calibration, metrology and quality system auditing will be beneficial.