Art Director at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Seattle, Washington
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edelman is looking for an Art Director to join its award-winning PNW Creative Team in Seattle, working on some of the world’s biggest and most exciting brands. Edelman is a great place to grow your talent and hone your craft. You will be challenged to push convention and your own creativity to find the most innovative ways to drive consumer behavior in today’s socially-charged, digital environment.
Edelman is a new kind of agency, at the intersection of PR, Advertising, Social, Digital, and Experiential. We blur the lines between each medium to create smart, innovative, and powerful work that gets people talking and engaging with brands in new ways. We’re passionate, unconventional and driven by a desire to do the best damn work possible. We get results for our clients and have the trophies to prove it. We also laugh a lot… and swear a little. Every day.
The role of an Edelman Art Director is to conceptualize and execute ground-breaking programs that are buzz-worthy and social at their core, though they can take any shape or form. From interactive web experiences and rich social content, to experiential activations and fancy print work, you’ll get to do it all. Some more specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Full project ownership from conceptual ideation to the execution of smart beautiful work
- Brand stewardship and visual storytelling for your clients to ensure that all creative remains on-brand
- Open collaboration with agency team members from creative, account, production, technology, PR, strategy, planning and analytics to produce smart, powerful work
- Presentation and sell-through of creative work to account teams and clients
- Stay on top of trends through business/industry monitoring and outside resources (e.g., research bodies, academics, industry gurus)
- A bachelor’s degree and at least five years of relevant experience with print, digital and social media work, preferably within an agency setting
- Killer design chops with proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Ability to think strategically, conceptualize creatively and see the concept through to polished design
- Strong communication design sensibilities and an understanding of how composition, information hierarchy, color theory and typography work together to drive home a message
- Social fluency and a solid understanding of how to drive conversation and engagement across social channels
- Understanding of how web-based technologies impact design is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, hustle, hunger and an amazing attitude