Sr Safety/Compliance Specialist Occupational Health Nurse - Portland,OR - #4518 at PacifiCorp
Posted in Nurse 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Portland, Oregon
PacifiCorp is one of the lowest-cost electricity producers in the United States, providing more than 1.6 million customers with reliable, efficient energy.
Provide advice and counsel to management and client organizations. Conduct special studies and analyses, develop alternatives and present recommendations to management. Research, analyze, develop and implement new strategies and/or programs in response to changing internal and external conditions
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Act as a subject matter expert for occupational health issues. Provide advice and guidance to management and business units on program and procedure development.
- Serve as a team member with health & safety specialists, industrial hygienist, trainers and operations personnel that work together to develop programs, and recognize, evaluate and control health and safety hazards
- Effectively manage projects; ensure delivery of program commitments.
- Gather, analyze and summarize health and safety data.
- Provide alternatives and recommendations regarding development or enhancement of programs or processes.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and client organizations.
- Manage and implement safety programs as required.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of seven years of professional nursing experience, and a current RN license.
- Experience in Occupational Health, case management, familiar with OSHA rules/regulations, workers compensation and become knowledgeable in company safety rules and requirements.
- An understanding and experience with administering a comprehensive occupational health program, program auditing, ergonomic assessments, medical case management, medical surveillance and audiometric testing.
- A thorough understanding of governmental compliance requirements along with the ability to train and coach all levels of management on occupational health issues is required.
- Expected to cross-train to gain proficiency in Industrial Hygiene and general safety, to become familiar with OSHA regulations, and become knowledgeable in company safety rules and requirements.
- Travel may be required.
Primary Location: Portland
Department: 00001027 Pacific Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: 81,500 - 105,200
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.