Content Strategist at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Writing/Editing 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
The Content Strategist will help conceive and create multi-platform, programmatic content vehicles for clients. He or she will execute on a broad content strategy for brands across digital platforms as well as occasionally for print or experiential outgrowths, with the goal of telling compelling stories that resonate with the intended audience, be it B-to-B or B-to-C.
In general, the Content Strategist will excel at seeing narrative paths through dense reports and approach the unearthing of those stories enthusiastically. He or she will have a demonstrated ability to flesh out those stories on multiple platforms simultaneously. Though not a designer by trade, he or she should be able to think visually and direct visual storytellers on his or her team to accomplish these goals.
The ideal candidate can help operationalize this process and build the firm’s capability in this category. He or she will work with the Head of Content & Editorial Strategy to storymine, pitch ideas and coordinate the execution process to clients’ satisfaction.
Scope and Impact of the Position
Edelman is committed to building content creation teams that are highly digital, journalistic in nature, and that help companies build their brands. This Strategist will report directly to the Head of Content & Editorial Strategy and work closely with Creative, Digital and Planning teams. He or she will help serve as a change agent for the firm and their clients in thinking about, conceiving, producing and assessing content differently from traditional methods. He or she will be part of a team helping clients uncover and identify the stories behind the stories—those that are worth disseminating because they reach beyond product or corporate marketing (even with business-to-business clients). This role will be an integral part of Edelman’s overarching content creation and client brand-building efforts.
- Conceptualize and produce creative content ideas for client campaigns across digital platforms
- Leverage knowledge of modern media to identify earned story angles and build content that attracts media attention
- Create range of content ideas, such as websites, e-letters, online feature stories, slide shows, online Q&As, social media pushes, etc.
- Be a self-starter who writes and edit materials without constant supervision
- Ensure the highest quality work product at all times
- Ensure realistic deadlines are set and deadlines are met
- Collaborate with client and creative teams
- Minimum 4 years’ experience, primarily digital
- Solid journalism/editorial experience, particularly in business
- Data journalism specialty is a plus
- Some agency experience helpful
- Experience with high quality, prestigious editorial products/companies
- Strong digital, mobile and social media expertise
- Experience with video content
- Comfort with a highly hybridized role
- Leadership skills, but also hands-on
- Strong emotional intelligence and ability to work effectively across a matrixed organization