RN-W. Bird (Part-Time w/Benefits; Evenings) at Nicklaus Children's Health System
Posted in Nurse 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and supervises individual patient care on a nursing unit according to unit policies and procedures. Supports and upholds the Patient Bill of Rights. Practices under the supervision of the Manager/Director.
Minimum Job Requirements
- ACLS (as specified by the department)
- CPI (Crisis Intervention Training) required as per department within 90 days of hire
- CPR: Healthcare Provider
- Level II finger printing background (as per department only)
- Must complete competency assessment tool upon 3 months for non-Intensive Care Unit and 6 months for a Critical Care setting of hire date
- NRP certification required as per department within 90 days of hire
- PALS certification completion within 2 years of hire
- PEARS (Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization) completion within one year of hire (if applicable)
- RN licensure within the State of Florida
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates the patient's progress including critical findings, changes in the patients' condition with the physician and/or disciplines involved in the care of the child. Performs and documents discharge planning as per policy.
- Completes all nursing assessment of patients. Completes patient admission history and discharge planning thoroughly and accurately as per policy. Admission history will include spiritual needs, cultural, developmental, educational/learning needs, and psychosocial needs.
- Delegates nursing care based on knowledge of staff qualifications and competency.
- Performs reassessments as per policy, and when there is a change in the plan of care, or when an intervention is performed.
- Plans, implements and documents the plan of care in collaboration with the other disciplines and services to assure safe and efficient care.
- Provides education and documents on patient/family teachings on health related needs (i.e. disease, medications, treatments, pain, discharge, safety, nutrition, skin care etc,).
- Quality/Safety: Promotes a safe "error free" working environment by consistently performing thorough hand-offs and infection prevention measures. Assesses all body systems, ensures safe, effective, efficient care delivery with emphasis on the absence of medication errors, avoidance of falls from surface, ouch-free procedural pain, reduction of pain, absence of blood borne infections and surgical site infections, secure of Endotracheal tubes when applicable per competency, observance of skin integrity for prevention of skin breakdown.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and strong time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Career Development: National certified preferably within 5 years of hire.
- BSN Degree or currently enrolled in BSN program.
- Nursing experience in a Pediatric healthcare setting is preferred.
- Works effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to apply principles of evidenced-based practice, analytical thinking and service excellence in practice.
- Analyze and interpret data and utilize the information to make judgments regarding patient care.
- Floats to various nursing units while maintaining the delivery of clinical excellence and high quality service.
- On-call assignment per department and hospital policy.