Summer Individual Philanthropy Donor Specialist Intern or Skilled Volunteer at Save the Children
Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fairfield, Connecticut
We are seeking an intern or skilled volunteer to support the Individual Philanthropy team in the stewardship, research, and management of portfolios of major donors/prospects as well as ad hoc operational support and special projects.
As an intern or skilled volunteer, you will have the opportunity to network with other Save the Children interns, volunteers and employees and participate in learning sessions about various topics spanning the breadth of Save the Children's work. Through this experience, you will gain a greater understanding about how the international development community intersects with the private sector. You will also gain transferable skills that are applicable to a variety of roles, particularly in the non-profit industry, marketing, sales, and client services.
- Support marketing opportunities and outreach to donors by email and mail
- Research ways to reach and locate information on donors as necessary
- Work on ad hoc projects as necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- must be reliable and willing to work in a self-directed and collaborative setting
- Possess strong written skills, solid interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
To be classified as an intern: an individual must be enrolled in a relevant undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate academic program and able to receive some level of credit from his/her college or institution. (Minimum requirement is a letter of support and documentation is required only after an internship offer is accepted.)
- An individual who is not enrolled as a student or able to receive credit from their institution may apply to an internship, however will be classified as a skilled volunteer, not as an intern.
- Please attach resume and cover letter to your application.
Unpaid Intern Part-time 16+ hours/week Dates: June 4, 2018 to August 10, 2018
Save the Children does NOT provide housing or transportation.
Save the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we are dedicated to ensuring every child has the best chance for success. Our pioneering programs give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. Our advocacy efforts provide a voice for children who cannot speak for themselves. As the leading expert on children, we inspire and achieve lasting impact for millions of the world's most vulnerable girls and boys. By transforming children's lives now, we change the course of their future and ours.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children Representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of Child Abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of Child Abuse. All Save the Children Representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.