Sales Associate Supervisor at United Bank
Posted in Other 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Dunbar, West VirginiaJob Description:
United Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer.Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluatedwithout regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion,gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteranstatus, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, or anyother protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to theperformance of the work involved.
Job ID 2018-3257
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-WV-Dunbar
Posted Date 2018-02-01
Market/Branch Capital - Dunbar
The Sales Associate Supervisor is responsible for supervising the Sales Associate staff to ensure all tasks and assignments are completed in their area of responsibility and meeting assigned deadlines. The Sales Associate Supervisor is responsible for the scheduling of sales associates. This position is responsible for referring and selling Bank products and services as well as coach sales associates to refer and sell Bank products and services.
- Responsible for contributing to meeting monthly branch and/or individual scorecard goals on a consistent basis by monitoring self-performance and following action plans
- Work closely with Branch Manager in preparing and reviewing monthly Sales Associate scorecards
- Ensure delivery of excellent customer service throughout the Bank by adhering to sales and @ your service standards and protocols
- Maintains knowledge of bank products to be able to recommend appropriate products/services to customers and refer business to the other areas within the Bank as appropriate.
- General oversight of the Sales Associate level staff. This will include scheduling of work hours, training, assisting with complex tasks and responsible for communicating operational procedures and ensuring compliance in Bank policies and procedures
- Understand and participate in the mandatory Sales Associate Awards Program by meeting all quarterly referral goals as set by Retail Management
- Authorize payment of checks and sign official checks within approved limits
- Maintain vault cash, buys and sells currency from sales associates to maintain established cash drawer limits;
- Distribute appropriate marketing materials to all customers and demonstrate ability to effectively discuss the Bank's products and services to customers
- Demonstrate and maintain a professional demeanor and promote positive customer relations
- Operate with accuracy and efficiency the appropriate core banking systems and a sales associate window as follows;
- Accepts deposits, verifies cash deposits, endorsements and complies with Regulation CC requirements and bank deposit policies;
- Accepts payments for all loans/lines of credit.
- Processes the redemption of U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Processes night depository, ATM and mail deposits, if applicable.
- Provides additional customer services including processing/issuance of official bank checks and credit card cash advances
- Balance assigned cash daily and maintains strict adherence to security procedures and sole control of cash drawer and assigned cash limit
- Adhere to cash differences/controllable losses policy
- Identify customers, by understanding and obtaining proper documentation of identification, obtains and/or verifies endorsements/payees, cash, and checks/withdrawals/transfers and obtains supervisor approval for authorization at bank-established cash limits, including the determination of the availability of sufficient funds, exclusion of stop payments and holds
- Verify signatures and account ownership as required. Exercises discretion, judgment, and initiative regarding transaction problems and inquiries
- Comply with all department and company policies, procedures and overall security
- Prepare mandatory currency transaction reports and monetary instrument logs in compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations, including adhering to KYC, OFAC, and Information Security policies and procedures
- Open new accounts and/or serve as safe deposit custodian as needed
- Assist in branch opening and closing procedures as needed
- Order and ship currency within compliance of branch cash limits
- Maintain night depository under dual control
- Compile and prepare monthly branch transaction reports and assist management with monthly and quarterly branch audits
- Reconciles the ATM, when applicable
- Maintains all security and inventory logs for the branch, ensures completion of monetary logs and CTRs.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum of one (1) years of professional working experience, preferably in Banking environment.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of core banking system if prior working experience is not in the Banking field.
- Prior supervisory experience is highly desired in order to demonstrate ability to lead staff members
- Ability to effectively demonstrate a sales oriented professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively with customers in a confident, professional, mature and courteous manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products is required
- Ability to efficiently operate standard office equipment, including a computer, copier, fax, and calculator is required
- Demonstrate problem solving ability, good analytical and math skills
- Organization skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment is essential.
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Communications Skills
- Standing and Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
With over 175 years of experience, United Bank is one of the region's premier banks with locations in West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, Maryland, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. A subsidiary of United Bankshares, Inc., with dual headquarters in Washington, DC and Charleston, WV, we are a full service financial institution with over $19 billion in assets.
At United Bank, our people are our greatest asset. Our company is a perfect fit for hard-working, driven individuals as we provide a culture that is entrepreneurial, efficient, relationship-based and service-oriented. United is proud of our record of growth and our commitment to service - not only to our customers, but also to the communities in which we live and work.
United encourages our employees to become involved in the community and in professional activities, and we provide continued training and other support to help all employees achieve their full potential.