Operations Associate at United Bank
Posted in Other 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Dunbar, West VirginiaJob Description:
United Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer.Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluatedwithout regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion,gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteranstatus, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, or anyother protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to theperformance of the work involved.
Job ID 2018-3222
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-WV-Dunbar
Posted Date 2018-02-01
Market/Branch UB Non-Retail
The Operations Assoicate is responsible for the timely processing of documentation related to paid out consumer, mortgage and commercial loans working within the regulatory guidelines and service levels established by the department. The ideal candidate should possess some knowledge of loan documentation.
- Reviews the paid loan journal daily and pull files for the loans listed.
- Prepares the appropriate releases for the loans and ensuring the work is processed within the regulatory guidelines.
- Process refunds as needed.
- Interfaces with the Loan Officers, Portfolio Managers or Lending Assistants to determine if it is appropriate to release documentation on Commercial Loans.
- Prepare paid loan files for Imaging.
- Respond to calls from the Indirect Department, branches and lenders regarding lien release requests.
- Terminate electronic lien filings and UCC's through the appropriate software.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or directed.
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Functional knowledge of Accounting/Finance concepts
- Capability to multi-task and be detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Analysis - notices discrepancies and inconsistence with information provide by different resources, identify information needed to clarify a situation, and seek information from appropriate sources.
- Collaboration - ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen relationship with others inside and outside the organization who can provide information, assistance or support the department to meet goals and objectives.
- Communication - ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed on a regular and consistent basis using multiple channels or means to communicate, keep his/her manager informed about progress and problems.
- Teamwork - ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team and provide assistance to others when needed.
- Thoroughness - ensuring that work and information are complete and accurate; following up with others to ensure commitments have been fulfilled.
- Flexibility - openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify to new organizational structures, procedures and technology.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge - possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional knowledge required to do the job effectively and to create solutions. Technical/professional knowledge is demonstrated through problem solving, applying professional judgment, and performance.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
With over 175 years of experience, United Bank is one of the region's premier banks with locations in West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, Maryland, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. A subsidiary of United Bankshares, Inc., with dual headquarters in Washington, DC and Charleston, WV, we are a full service financial institution with over $19 billion in assets.
At United Bank, our people are our greatest asset. Our company is a perfect fit for hard-working, driven individuals as we provide a culture that is entrepreneurial, efficient, relationship-based and service-oriented. United is proud of our record of growth and our commitment to service - not only to our customers, but also to the communities in which we live and work.
United encourages our employees to become involved in the community and in professional activities, and we provide continued training and other support to help all employees achieve their full potential.