Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lewistown, Pennsylvania
The Overhead Door Corporation uses a web-based product configurator called CPQ (Configure Price Quote) that is integrated with our Oracle ERP System. The configurator enables our customers and customer care personnel to enter quotes/orders into the system by selecting specific door models and options that are driven by engineering and marketing rules and constraints. CPQ configures the door options, presents the calculated customer specific pricing, displays the visualization of the product, and generates the bill of materials, work orders, and job travelers for manufacturing. The Systems & Configuration Engineer programs the CPQ system to compute all of those factors and outputs.
• Develop and program rules into the configurator application for new products and changes to existing products
• Participate in all aspects of the development life cycle including requirements gathering, development, testing, documentation, training, implementation, and support of the configuration system
• Work closely with the various business units on projects supported by the product configurator, including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, and Manufacturing
• Write SQL statements, analyze data, prepare reports
• Develop and maintain Excel automation using macros and VBA
PREFERRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Preferred Bachelor in Computer Science or Engineering or Business
• Excellent organizational, communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Competent in SQL
• Proficient in MS Excel including VBA
• Familiar with programming logic and relational databases (Visual Basic a plus)
• Knowledgeable of bill of materials and the manufacturing/engineering of products
This salaried position reports to the Configuration & Engineering Systems Manager.