Posted in Nurse 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: BROOKLYN, New York
Provides support to UAS (Uniform Assessment System) Assessors through content knowledge and technical expertise. Researches open questions and unresolved issues for UAS Assessors who complete Initial Assessments and Reassessments based on New York state requirements. Complete more complex assessments; utilize UAS Tasking Tool based on guidelines and training provided by the company and/or outside resources. Responsible for completion, correction and revision of UAS, paperwork, and tasking tool documentation based on review and feedback provided through quality and associated review processes. Assists with developing training.
- Provides point of need support and coaching to UAS Assessors and other clinical team members in the course of normal operations. Builds team members expertise through direct feedback and real-time coaching. Is available to provide clinical, procedural or interpretational assistance.
- Mentors and trains UAS Assessors. Serves as a ?buddy? to new Assessors during their first few months on the job by providing daily support and feedback.
- Researches and resolves escalated issues that frontline Assessors cannot resolve in a timely fashion. As necessary, takes complex assessments or fills-in for the Assessor team during high-peak periods.
- Works with the management team to perform data collection and analysis of trends to determine problem areas and strategies for better practices for the UAS Assessment team.
- Maintains an active assessment caseload in accordance with performance standards. Provides frontline functions during high volume and peak periods. Completes approved New York State UAS Initial Assessment Tool and/or Clinical Reassessment used to define eligibility for community based long term care services; develops plan of care for members.
- Focuses on continuous improvement and quality excellence in the completion of all material associated with the initial enrollment/continued enrollment of members in the plan.
General Job Information
TitleLead Uniform UAS Assessor
Job FamilyCare Management
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/23/2018
Date Requisition Created1/23/2018
EducationBachelors: Nursing (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredRN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesHome Care, Long-Term Care, MLTC experience preferred, including appropriate support services in the community and accessing and using durable medical equipment (DME). Experience in utilization review, concurrent review and/or risk management a plus. Bi or multilingual., Minimum 3 years Acute Care Nursing; 1+ years UAS assessment experience., Trained and knowledgeable in the NY UAS. Ability to understand and apply principals of Care Management and Person Centered Service Planning. Solid assessment skills. Ability to understand and apply coverage guidelines and benefit limitations. Familiar with clinical needs and disease processes for chronic physical and behavioral illnesses (depression, challenging behaviors, Alzheimer?s disease and other disease-related dementias). Understands and adapts appropriately to issues related to communication, cognitive or other barriers. Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and follow through on multiple projects in a timely manner. Must be comfortable with conducting home visits and commuting within the service area. Basic computer skills and demonstrates a willingness to learn more advanced skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled