Designer at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Seattle, Washington
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edelman Seattle is looking for a highly creative, hardworking and detail-oriented Designer to join our close-knit, collaborative and growing creative group.
The Designer works closely with the copywriting team, internal account teams and external clients and participates in all stages of the creative process to conceptualize and create assets that bring the program strategy to life in a variety of media.
Successful candidates will have a portfolio of professional and/or speculative work that includes a variety of strongly designed, thoughtfully executed creative pieces across a range of verticals. You should be a motivated self-starter with meticulous attention to detail from concepting to production. You must also possess strong communication skills as you will need to liaise and collaborate on a daily basis with other creatives, project managers, account leads and clients.
- Create highly conceptual pieces of work, using a mix of print, digital, social and video that achieve client and business goals
- Design and produce highly creative, impactful, PowerPoint presentations for new business pitches and client presentations
- Design client and agency collateral, including: infographics, leaflets, invitations, brochures, coverage boards, logos, etc.
- Source images and retouch photos
- Juggle multiple assignments and work in a high-pressure environment
- Manage time and establish priorities while maintaining flexibility to respond to changing demands
- Liaise with project and content teams to ensure creative work is efficiently and effectively delivered to clients
- Liaise with printers and relevant suppliers
- Professionally and effectively communicate with clients, peers and producers, demonstrating sound reasoning and judgment skills
- Help communicate creative ideas in presentations to clients
- Understand the concept behind creative work and how it achieves client and business goals
- Sharp eye for layout consistency for format, and amazing attention to detail
- Excel at visual storytelling, diverse graphic design and art direction of content
- Regularly update knowledge on design trends
- Deliver substantial change for clients and the communities in which we operate; ensures new insights from self and others fuel innovation in agency approach and client work; uses diversity of perspective to elevate client counsel, the agency and own career
- Demonstrate a strategic and thoughtful approach in challenging others to ask the right questions; prioritizes the interests of client service excellence ahead of individual advancement
- At least three years of relevant design experience, preferably in an agency setting
- A BFA in Fine Arts, Advertising or Graphic Design, strong understanding of graphic design, strong layout and composition with a keen eye for typography
- A diverse portfolio reflecting experience in branding, presentations, infographics, digital/interactive, advertising and print design
- Proficiency in CS6 programs (including (but not limited to) inDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft (PowerPoint, Word), and Keynote
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a fast-paced team
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment when working with team members and client contacts, and take initiative
- Demonstrated experience with concepting highly creative designs
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines as well as day-to-day changes at every level of detail