23 HR Coordinator at Adams and Associates
Posted in Art 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Marcos, Texas
Provides administrative and technical support to the Center’s Human Resources function. Analyzes human resources policy and procedures, determines applicants’ eligibility and uses proper judgment and discretion to resolve issues and problems. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate of Arts Degree from an accredited school preferred. A minimum of two years human resources experience required. Computer literacy and proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of applications required. Human Resources Certification preferred.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
Supervises and manages staff as directed. Serves as Acting Human Resources Director in the Human Resources Director’s absence.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Prepares and posts all vacancies with internal and external sources and determines applicants’ eligibility.
- Performs searches for qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, using computer databases, networking, internet recruiting resources, cold calls, media, recruiting firms, employee referrals, and job fairs.
- Receives and maintains files of employment applications and resumes.
- Reviews employment applications and screen applicants to evaluate work history, education and training, job skills, compensation needs, and other qualifications. Schedules interviews with hiring managers.
- Reviews and evaluates applicant qualifications or eligibility for specified licensing, according to established guidelines and designated licensing codes.
- Administers all pre-employment tests.
- Conducts reference and background checks on final applicants.
- Maintains applicant flow log.
- Completes weekly report on employment activity.
- Distributes information on and explains benefits programs such as health, dental, life, disability, and 401K to employees.
- Verifies and completes benefits enrollment forms.
- Sends enrollment information to plan administrator.
- Maintains files on enrollment forms and other documentation.
- Collects and maintains data on personnel for HRIS and reporting purposes.
- Reconciles monthly insurance and drug screen billing.
- Assists department heads in developing staff training and orientation programs.
- Processes new-hire paperwork establishes and maintains employee files. Ensures that employee files are current and accurate, both in the individual personnel file and in HRIS.
- Assists with conducting orientation meetings for new staff.
- Types reports, memoranda, correspondence, performance appraisals and other text as required.
- Proofreads copy and corrects grammar, punctuation, spelling and numerical errors.
- Assists with employee recognition and certificates.
- Monitors staff mentoring program.
- May provide Student Sexual Harassment Identification and Prevention Training to new student inputs on a weekly basis.
- Produces quality work and completes assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.