Associate Director, Center for African Studies at Harvard University
Posted in Executive 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Cambridge, MassachusettsJob Description:
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Associate Director is responsible for the smooth functioning of the day-to-day operations of the Center, including financial management, human resource management, and space management. The Associate Director also oversees the development and implementation of the Center's knowledge management plan, and works with the Executive Director and Faculty Director in programmatic planning, budget preparation and grant submissions. The Associate Director also serves as the operational liaison to the Center's Africa Office in Johannesburg, South Africa, and to Harvard Global.
- Bachelors Degree
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Experience preparing, managing and tracking budgets strongly desired. Working knowledge of Excel is needed.
- Supervisory experience strongly desired. HR related experience will be helpful. Superior organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Harvard systems a plus.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Project/program management knowledge useful.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.