Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Windham, New Hampshire
Lab Manager, Windham, NH
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Lab Manager to join our Building and Construction team in Windham, NH.
Ranked #17 on the 2017 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Lab Manager will support the Building and Construction business by coordinating, managing, monitoring, and expanding services of assigned Operational Unit. We're looking for a candidate who can effectively manage a team while providing exceptional customer service. The Regional Manager is the individual in responsible charge for the site (Site manager) supervises the site staff and is responsible for the site Profit and Loss (P&L manager).
• Manage and mentor direct subordinates
• Provide weekly revenue and expense forecasts
• Interacts with clients and provide exceptional customer service
• Research, assist in the development of, and promote new business opportunities
• Interact with clients and provide exceptional customer service
• Provide weekly revenue and expense forecasts the B&C leadership
• Coordinate and dispatch staff and equipment to best utilize personnel and equipment
• Follow and enforce all safety requirements and company policies
• Bachelor's Degree in Science or Business is preferred
• 5+ years supervisory or managerial experience in construction related business
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven leadership and team building skills
• Technical competence to interpret and effectively communicate test procedures, specifications and results with team members, customers, consultants, and specifiers
• Complete knowledge and understanding of all equipment, test methods / methodology and applicable specifications associated with areas of responsibility
• Experience and skills that facilitates an understanding of computers and software to perform the job duties efficiently and effectively.
• Knowledge and understanding of project specification development, architectural drawings and shop drawings as they relate to the construction of a commercial building
• Understanding of industry organizations involved in writing test methods and specifications
• Ability to travel as business needs dictate
• Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
LI - LM