Lead Installer at Tesla
Posted in Other 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Foster City, California
The Lead Installer will be part of Tesla s Energy Field Operations team. As an integral member of the team, the ideal candidate will help lead the installation crew to successfully complete the installation of residential PV solar systems, battery storage and EV wall connectors safely and on time. S/he will meet with clients to coordinate the completion of the installation and answer questions. The Lead Installer is second in command on a crew to the Crew Lead, and will function as the overall lead on a job when the Crew Lead isn t onsite. It is the responsibility of every team member to ensure safe work practices for Tesla s installation team. New hire training and continued training will be provided.
* Provide leadership and technical expertise to the residential installation team members
* Ensure all related equipment necessary for the installation is available and onsite
* Communicate job status to the management team and customer
* Document and update job status in the company database
* Lead efforts for safe work practices for the installation teams
* The Lead Installer will defer to the Crew Lead for changes in the overall crew structure, planning and installation process; otherwise they are the job leader when the Crew Lead is not on site
* Attend weekly team meetings and mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety
* Provide an exceptional customer experience to all customers throughout the process
* Additional duties required as needed
* Minimum 2 years PV solar installation experience, including at least 6 months of leading a crew of two or more required
* 3-5 years experience in roof work, general construction, or carpentry strongly preferred
* Understanding of the NEC codes that relate to PV solar installations
* Must be very organized and be able to meet tight timelines
* Ability to safely handle tools and materials such as: ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards, batteries, and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
* Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, etc.)
* Capable of working at heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders and stairs; and performing repetitious duties, including lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time
* Experience using basic hand and power tools
* Basic computer skills required
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must have excellent customer service skills
* Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success
* Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
* Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment screening requirements Apply
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.