Hotel Security Part Time - TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown at Texas Western Management Partners, LP
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Our business is booming. Which is to be expected. After all, with a team like ours, success comes pretty easily. That's because our associates are -- hmm, how can we put this in a way that doesn't sound overly cocky -- the best on the planet.
Texas Western Hospitality, and managing partner Western International, own and operate over thirty select service, full service and extended stay hotels all carrying Marriott, Holiday Inn and Hilton flags. We currently operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, and North Carolina. We have several properties under construction which will open in the near future.
Texas Western Hospitality flies only the best flags, builds only the best hotels and employs only the best of managers. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to all of our stakeholders; investment partners, owners, associates and customers alike.
Security officers safeguard hotel property, assets, guests, associates, and visitors by patrolling the hotel, initiating and monitoring investigations, writing incident and accident reports and assisting sick and injured associates and guests.
- Remains knowledgeable of hotel security policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Remains knowledgeable of emergency procedures, operation of alarm doors, fire alarms, and key orientation.
- Patrols allocated areas of hotel and property as directed and watches for suspicious, irregular, prohibited, or dangerous activities, situations, or persons, as outlined in hotel policy.
- Patrols premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Circulates among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Answers alarms and investigates. Investigates disturbances by addressing the violator and the complainant. Takes action to resolve the disturbance for the best interest of the hotel.
- Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Warns violators of rules infractions and expels persons who pose danger to the hotel’s well-being, using force when necessary. Follows-up with warned and expelled persons to ensure their compliance.
- Calls police, fire department, or ambulance in cases of medical emergency, or any dangerous or threatening condition such as fire, presence of unauthorized persons, or non-compliant violators of hotel policy.
- Takes initiative to notify or warn guests and hotel staff of dangerous conditions or areas on the hotel’s property such as fires, floods, construction sites, slippery floors, etc.
- Takes initiative to advise guests or staff of emergency situations or the need to abandon facilities. Follows up with persons in danger to ensure their safety.
- Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Adheres to strict confidentiality of all information.
- Works as a team with other security officers, staff and departments for the well-being of the hotel and guests.
- Maintains logs and/or records of activity during the scheduled shifts.
- Inspects and adjusts security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Knowledge and use of radio procedures, zone orientations, and telephone.
- 1 year(s): Security/or previous hospitality experience
- High School or better
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
See job description