Dishwasher/Steward at Waterton
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
Founded over a box of Pop-Tarts® in 1995 by David Schwartz and Peter Vilim, Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant, the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Waterton’s values of Service Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity, Passion, Achievement and Teamwork are our guiding principles and they shape who Waterton is as an organization. When you join Waterton, you will learn new skills, acquire knowledge and use these values to help you grow in your career and fulfill your professional goals.
Waterton is committed to the service of our associates, residents, guests and investors and firmly believes that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our associates to think and act like an owner and use our core values as guiding principles to serve our customers in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality!
Responsible for the cleanliness and organization of all dishware to include china, silver and glass as well as kitchen utensils. Ensures guest dishware is properly sanitized and that the kitchen area maintains the highest level of cleanliness standards.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Clean and sanitize all china, glassware, silverware, flatware, pots and pans in the hotel.
- Ensure restaurant and banquet kitchens have the proper amount of china, glassware, silverware, flatware, pots and pans to properly open their shifts and that there are sufficient racks in which to place dirty dishes, silverware, flatware, pots and pans.
- Responsible for the proper sanitation and cleanliness of all kitchens and food preparation areas, including ovens, grills, stoves, hoods, fryers, preparation slicers, steam kettles, tables and floors.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10 F) and kitchens (+110 F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 50 lbs., including, but not limited to, pots and pans and trays of food or food items, on a regular and continuing basis.
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must be able to speak and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English).
- Basic food/beverage knowledge.
- Professional demeanor - service oriented.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure.
- The kitchen is a team oriented environment and this position may be required to assist in other areas of the kitchen as needs arise, particularly in the area of cleanliness.
- High school or equivalent education preferred.
- No prior experience required. Hotel/restaurant experience preferred.
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO
See Job Description