Northeast Regional Healthcare Industry Practice Leader – Commercial Insurance at Chubb
Posted in Insurance 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Northeast Regional Healthcare Industry Practice Leader – Commercial Insurance
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
This position is responsible for underwriting the General Liability / Professional Liability Lines and other related coverages, including property and auto liability (depending upon candidate’s experience) , for the Healthcare Industry Practice in the Northeast Region. The position will also be responsible for driving the overall Commercial Insurance Healthcare initiative in the Northeast Region. The candidate that is selected will work closely with the Commercial Insurance National Healthcare Industry Practice Leader, Product Line Managers and Northeast Commercial Insurance Regional Manager to develop and implement a strategy to grow all lines of business for this Industry Practice in the Northeast Region. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a desire and commitment toward building the Healthcare Industry Practice similar to other successful Industry Practices such as Life Sciences, Financial Institutions and Energy.
- Manages execution of Healthcare General and Professional Liability underwriting strategies for the Region including personally handling renewals and new business for GL/PL and other lines according to candidate’s skills and experience.
- P&L accountability for Healthcare GL/PL premium, profitability, growth, retention, and expense plans/results.
- Manages the Healthcare storefront for the Region, articulating strategies and priorities internally with Underwriting and Field Leadership and externally with producers.
- Strategic Planning and Execution: Work with Healthcare Industry Practice Leader, Product Line and Regional Leadership to develop a business plans for this Industry Practice in the Northeast Region. Ensures the execution meets strategic and financial objectives. Evaluate strategy and adjust as necessary to meet changing market conditions.
- Creates marketing strategy, derived from underwriting strategies, and coordinates marketing and production activities for the entire Healthcare portfolio.
- Accountability with support and concurrence of Product Line Management for driving and executing the Healthcare business plan, including local team underwriting approach, profit, retention and growth
- Be active in the marketplace with agency visits, presentations, trade shows, alliances, etc. in order to raise awareness of Chubb’s capabilities in Healthcare
- Manages business development and underwriting activities and implements Regional sales strategies
- Establish business plans with key producers. Identify and develop producers who indicate an interest in developing proficiency in this area.
- Will cross train in the Medical Liability, Property, and/or Auto lines of business as needed.
* This position reports to the Northeast Region Commercial Insurance Manager with matrix reporting to Commercial Insurance National Healthcare Industry Practice Leader.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 5+ years of commercial underwriting experience
- Strong knowledge of industry issues, products, distribution and compliance
- Experience developing business plans and strategies.
- Strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skill
- Strong organizational/prioritization and analytical skills
- Demonstrated strategic and creative thinker with track record of developing initiates and driving results.
- Strong collaborator with counterparts and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.