Financial Lines U/W Assistant at Chubb
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Financial Lines U/W Assistant
Description - The Underwriting Assistant provides underwriting and administrative support to the Underwriting unit.
Underwriting Assistant - Financial Lines
Underwriting Assistant is responsible for supporting the underwriting process for multiple lines of insurance coverage which include D&O, EPL, Cyber, Crime, and Fiduciary lines.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Complete account clearance and associated work efforts
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor personal work plan maintaining status and oversight of multiple submissions
- Maintain service standards by timely response to broker requests and timely receipt of underwriting information
- Communicate with agents and brokers to confirm or obtain data needed for policy issuance and servicing
- Complete renewal prep activities
- Prepare at the direction of the Underwriter quotations, binders and policies
- Identify forms and endorsements used in policy construction
- Conduct account inquiries in various management systems
- Understanding and experience with administrative and clerical procedures including managing electronic files, data, and records
- Capability to work independently and within a team/group environment
- Identify and report problems or errors while working with significant amounts of detailed information
- 2-3 years of insurance experience, as well as, underwriting support experience. Entry level applicants will be considered
- Knowledge and understanding of insurance terminology
- Strong Interpersonal & communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail, organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to an ever-changing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Outlook
Handle general correspondence and renewal letters.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.