U/W Assistant at Chubb
Posted in Insurance 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Underwriting Assistant provides underwriting and administrative support to the Underwriting unit.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include are not limited to:
- Handle clearance of new submissions and file set-up of new policies.
- Identify forms and endorsements used in policy construction.
- Handle general correspondence and renewal letters.
- Maintain service standards by timely response to broker requests and timely receipt of underwriting information.
- Communicate with customers to confirm or obtain data needed for policy issuance and servicing.
- Prepare at the direction of the Underwriter quotations, binders and or policies.
- Conduct account inquiries in various management systems.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of insurance experience
- Strong data entry and computer skills.
- 1-2 years of prior commercial insurance underwriting support experience.
- Basic understanding of insurance terminology.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to change
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.