Legal Assistant at Realogy Franchise Group LLC
Posted in Legal Admin 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, New Jersey
Realogy Franchise Group LLC
Realogy Holdings Corp. is a global leader in residential real estate franchising and brokerage with many of the best-known industry brands including Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, The Corcoran Group®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty® and ZipRealty®. Collectively, Realogy's franchise system members operate approximately 14,450 offices with more than 286,500 independent sales associates conducting business in 114 countries and territories around the world.
Realogy’s Franchise Group Legal Department is currently seeking a legal assistant to work directly with the group’s lawyers in our Madison, NJ office. This individual should be self-motivated and possess superior inter-personal skills.
The RFG-Legal Department interfaces with all disciplines and departments within Realogy. The Department contributes to the company’s success by supporting our real estate franchise brands in all aspects of their operations, including marketing programs, contract review, financial matters, growth initiatives, and franchisee compliance. The department also assists the shared service departments that support the Realogy Franchise Group franchised brands, such as the Finance Department, Human Resources, Franchise Sales, Franchise Administration and Corporate Compliance. The job responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist brand general counsels in day-to-day activities including filing, word processing, drafting and mailing correspondence, processing invoices, arranging travel, processing travel and expense reports, organizing meetings, managing calendars, tracking continuing legal education requirements, assist in the review and approval of vendor agreements and other brand contracts and long-term projects
- Prepare reports and track approvals for compliance with licensing agreements
- Work within various electronic shared environments, such as Sharepoint that support franchise law disclosure filings and templates that the legal group utilizes
- Manage document retention policy and processes
- Assist with legal budgets including working with other departments to obtain spend and forecast information, tracking and processing outside counsel expenses, and working with other internal legal departments to obtain information regarding legal spend
- Assist in the creation of a dashboard to track various metrics and key performance indicators; work with various departments to collect various data to support the departmental dashboards and KPI’s
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- Experience working at a law firm or large corporate legal department
- Experience dealing with or preparing legal documents
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated superior skills working with Microsoft applications including Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Tymetrix 360
- Unquestioned discretion handling confidential information
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
- Self-motivated, responsive and enthusiastic, with ability to work independently and as a team member
- Commitment to ethical excellence, high standards and a professional work ethic
- Legal operations certificate preferred
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To learn more about Realogy and the accomplishments of our brands, logon to www.realogy.com.
Realogy Holdings Corp. and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabilities.