Writer/Editor - Extension at West Virginia University
Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
The WVU Extension Service is seeking applications for a Writer/Editor. This position is responsible a wide range of communications assistance to WVU Extension, including writing/editing feature stories, press releases, fact sheets and Web content using both print and digital storytelling. This position also is responsible for developing and implementing social media strategy and content for various social media platforms. This position works with various units within WVU Extension to showcase the valuable programming, research and resources provided to people and communities in West Virginia, as well as on a national stage.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Perform marketing for print and digital communications.
- Perform special event coordination.
- Develop and implement social media strategy and content for various platforms, including Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Work with units across WVU Extension to showcase the valuable programming, research and resources provided to people and communities in West Virginia, as well as on a national stage.
- Travel for overnight stays as needed
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field
- Two (2) years of experience in creating and developing content for digital and print communications
- Experience in video and photo storytelling preferred
- Knowledge of news and media relations as well as basic knowledge of data analytics; strong news and feature writing skills using AP Style and APA Style
- Demonstrated knowledge of communications principles, media relations, marketing techniques and journalism principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of editorial and ethical standards for research and development of articles and presentations
- Demonstrated knowledge of the mission and communications priorities for WVU and WVU Extension Service
- Demonstrated knowledge of various software programs, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe (Photoshop, Premier, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Demonstrated ability to use digital technology, including photography, video/video editing
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse groups
- Demonstrated ability to speak before large groups