Service Technician II at Arthrex, Inc.
Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Barbara, California
|Title:||Service Technician II|
|Division:||Arthrex, Inc. (US01)|
|Location:||ACT Santa Barbara, CA (US02)|
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus. If you get hired, you will be eligible for a $250.00 sign-on bonus (minus appropriate tax withholdings) paid after you complete your first 90 days and are an employee in good standing. This program will start for all external new hires who begin employment on July 20, 2017 and after.
To perform the decontamination, inspection, test, troubleshooting, failure investigation and repair of returned medical products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the maintenance, organization of service and repair. Facilitates, create systems, benches, layout and tooling to ensure efficient handling of defective products. May include outside facilities as well.
- Responsible for the receipt, decontamination, trouble shooting, failure investigation, repair, testing and documentation of electromechanical and video system products returned from the field to determine appropriate action and handling.
- Utilize various computer programs, Digital Multi Meters, Oscilloscopes, light measurement equipment, waveform monitoring equipment, digital and analog electrical test equipment to troubleshoot returned products.
- Utilize Soldering and Desoldering skills on printed circuit board assemblies for thru hole and surface mount components.
- Assist in performing failure root cause analysis on all returned products.
- Perform complaint failure evaluations and provide estimates on repairs.
- Modify, rebuild or overhaul electromechanical products.
- Apply knowledge of electronics/electrical principles in determining equipment malfunction.
- Document findings for management, QA, manufacturing and engineering as needed.
- Work with Arthrex Inc to complete documentation necessary for closure of customer complaints.
- Provide training to service personnel as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalent and Prefer Associates Degree in Electronics Technology
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in an electronics environment.
- Experience in system analysis, testing, troubleshooting to component or board level preferred.
- Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment, including electrical test processes and procedures preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Electronics, optics, electromechanical equipment trouble shooting and repair.
Knowledge of FDA Quality System Requirements, ISO 13485 Quality System Requirements, ISO 14971 Risk Management Requirements and GMP, Good Manufacturing Practices.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
The applicant must have basic computer knowledge; an understanding of Microsoft Word, databases, ERP systems and Excel are required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.